ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

centeral locking not working??? HELP!

2001 Ph1 172
ok got home late last night went to lock myPH1 172 and mo luck ! again it wont work 2dya ether unlock or lock.
the little red light is coing on so assuming its no battery in the key!
when i ress the lock button in the car it loicks the doors so any ideas???

thanks

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If you mean the little red light on the key fob, mine has always done that.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
sit in the car with both keys press and hold the central locking button inside when it double clunks press both keys 3 times see if it will resync them. If not possible new keys.

MINI Cooper S
Is it the remote locking that dont work? Because its a common problem with the ph1s as the aerial is at the front of the car, and right underneath it is the remote locking sensor, and quite often the seal goes a bit around the aerial and water gets in and shorts out the sensor thing. Well thats the problem with mine anyways. hope this helps.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Is it the remote locking that dont work? Because its a common problem with the ph1s as the aerial is at the front of the car, and right underneath it is the remote locking sensor, and quite often the seal goes a bit around the aerial and water gets in and shorts out the sensor thing. Well thats the problem with mine anyways. hope this helps.

Thats the early mk2 ph1 T/V reg onwards have a different set up.