ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central Locking and manual locks - Broke!!!

172 cup
Both central locking and manual locks are broken on the car.

Need to get it sorted, now I know I have to go to a Renault dealer to get the central locking fixed but does anyone know about the manual locks??

I cant get in touch with my nearest dealership and I need to get the car booked in asap as its going up for sale.

Anyone know if I can get the manual locks done at a normal garage?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
How did you manage to brake your manual locks?

Just call any dealership tbh, they all do the same job and will only ask for the VIN number and reg, so they could order new locks and key for you, but you will be paying £££ tho.

172 cup
No idea. The central locking broke and the passenger manual lock was already broke I just never knew it as Id always been using the central locking.

The driver one broke the other day when it was icey just put the key in and rather than unlocking it went all the way round and kept going:dapprove:

Da

Less
What's wrong with the remote central locking Laura? By which I mean is it a faulty key or is the car not receiving the key's signal?

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
we replace car door locks and we are not a dealership, maybe worth ringing around a few local garages.

172 cup
What's wrong with the remote central locking Laura? By which I mean is it a faulty key or is the car not receiving the key's signal?

Just stopped working, I tried replacing the battery but that didnt work

Da

Less
Have you tried the spare key?
Does the tiny red LED on the key still illuminate when you press it?

What model is your 'Sport Edition', as in is it a mk2 ph1 ph2 etc etc?

172 cup
Have you tried the spare key?
Does the tiny red LED on the key still illuminate when you press it?

What model is your 'Sport Edition', as in is it a mk2 ph1 ph2 etc etc?

Never given a spare key chick.

Mk 2 Ph1 sport it is Da

Da

Less
Right well there's simple check to see if it just needs re-syncing or whether it's something else -

1. Turn Ignition OFF.
2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds. Note :
the doors should lock then unlock.
3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning
light illuminates.
4. Press the remote control once, the doors should lock and unlock.
5. Repeat for second remote if required.
6. Check the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.