ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central locking issues.

Iceberg PH1 172
Hi all. First off I've just fitted a new transponder ring to my ph1. Car starts fine.

I can't for the life of me get the keys to resync for the central locking. I've read half a dozen methods on here and other places and none have worked so far.

This morning I attempted to repair both microswitches on the key fobs and got one working. The other has a damaged solder pad and I've given up as of now and ordered a new microswitch as well as I broke the leg.

I noticed in one of the fobs. It has a code printed on it for the immobilizer and the other doesn't.

I managed to repair the switch on the fobs without the code printed on it.

My question is, do clio have a master or primary key similar to Ford's? Or are both keys identical in terms of priority?

Is this why I can't resync my keys. Does the primary key need to be syncd first then the secondary?

Sorry for the longwindedness.

I've been avoiding fixing this for 2 years and now the drivers door barrel is getting nr impossible to use so I really need to remedy this soon.