ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central locking not working

Z4
I'm getting seriously pissed at my car now, far too many problems.

Central locking isn't working, I press my plipper and nowt happens, tried my other plipper and it did the same thing (nothing).

I tried resetting it (Key in ignition, turn on electrics, hold lock button for 5 seconds until double bleep, press plipper) ...still doesn't work.

Recently, or for the past few weeks, when locking the car it bleeps a few times and doesn't lock, so try again and it works. But now there's nothing at all.

Two weeks ago I had my UCH reformatted and it's worked fine.

Help :(

Ah yes, flattery will help ;) :rolleyes: lol

Do you have a sunroof? Does it leak? Is the receiver unit underneather it?

If so, and it gets wet, it may stop working. That's what happens in the mk1s!

Z4
Ah yes, flattery will help ;) :rolleyes: lol

Do you have a sunroof? Does it leak? Is the receiver unit underneather it?

If so, and it gets wet, it may stop working. That's what happens in the mk1s!

Just getting a little fed up mate, every time I have a problem this forum rarely ever helps, yet if I start a big brother thread it will go on for months.

No I don't have a sun roof, I think the receiver for the C/L is on the uch box correct me if I'm wrong?

All help would be greatly appreciated, I'm actually starting to hate this car now!
I need to know if it's a uch fault asap so I can contact the company that 'fixed' it before.

F56 MINI Cooper S
mine doesnt work either mate, but i know if i take it to renault, they will just charge me a couple of hours labour and rip me off, just like they always do.

Z4
if it has stopped working on both keys i doubt its a broken key (light on the fobs illuminating? Battery ok? is the immobiliser staying on?) which means it probably ecu or reciever issue. You could try this;

http://www.programyourkeys.com/Renault_Clio_II_Key_Remote_Control_Fob_Transponder_Programming.html

Thanks for your reply pal.
I've already tried the advice given in the link but its not worked.

Light on the keyfobs are illuminating, but for some reason I went to my car today (only drive it on weekends) and the battery was basically dead.

At a guess I'd say its a receiver issue, is this part of the uch?

Please help!
Apparently my drivers window was open too, I'm 90% sure I didn't leave it open, I think it's done it itself.

weird random electrical issues are a renault speciality lol

If you're not driving it much (i.e. at least a good run out for 20 minutes a once a week) the immobiliser will drain the battery over time as it's not getting enough to recharge it. Don't know why the window would play up though!

As a thought, disconnect the battery for about half hour - sometimes it means that things will 'reset' and you may find it works again.

Don't hold your breath though lol

Good luck with it!

I'd put money on it being a receiver issue if neither plipper works :(

Z4
weird random electrical issues are a renault speciality lol

If you're not driving it much (i.e. at least a good run out for 20 minutes a once a week) the immobiliser will drain the battery over time as it's not getting enough to recharge it. Don't know why the window would play up though!

As a thought, disconnect the battery for about half hour - sometimes it means that things will 'reset' and you may find it works again.

Don't hold your breath though lol

Good luck with it!

I'd put money on it being a receiver issue if neither plipper works :(

I work in London during the week driving my van about and look forward to driving little cup at the weekends but there's nearly always something wrong!

Where is the receiver? Is it part of the uch? I really need to know this so I can contact the company that 'fixed' it.

I will try the battery trick mate lol, and I won't hold my breath, I'm way past that dude!

I actually have no idea on the receiver lol

Have you got a haynes manual you can refer to to take things apart? If not just get stuck in and start taking things off round the thing till you get to what's underneath, then you can check the connections are all intact :)

Hope you can sort it!

And yes, there's always something wrong with them, but when they work they work good, and you love them all over again :rolleyes: lol :p

Z4
I actually have no idea on the receiver lol

Have you got a haynes manual you can refer to to take things apart? If not just get stuck in and start taking things off round the thing till you get to what's underneath, then you can check the connections are all intact :)

Hope you can sort it!

And yes, there's always something wrong with them, but when they work they work good, and you love them all over again :rolleyes: lol :p

Hmmm can someone clarify where the uch is please.

I don't want to mess around anymore with the electrics, they go mental when I'm 200 miles away so feck knows what will happen when I start stripping it down!