ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central Locking Remote

The remote which controls the central locking of my clio seems to have packed up.

I tried replacing the batteries and this worked for all of 2 days.

when you press the key (click it down) the red light does not come on at all. Ive had a look inside and could not see anything wrong and the batteries are fine.

Anyone else have trouble like this and how much do you think it will cost to fix?

Thanks

take it to renault. out of interest, whats the range on your remote and do you have to point the key right in the direction of the sensor thing?

cheers
charlie

Before (as in when it WAS working) i had to stand with the key virtually against the window aiming it at the little sensor bit and it would still not unlock first time sometimes.

It is not all that good anyway when it was working

my williams is the same, you have to point it against the windo upwards for it to open, it opens about 2 metres from the rear of the car 2, the range is pish!

Yep, mine doesnt work from outside the car now - but I have to use it from inside.. it works fine. Went bad ever since it rained on it!

Yeah it used to work from about 1 meter behind but in order to open in at the front you have to keep pressing and hold it right on the glass almost.

yeah mine used to be absolute pants. It was gonna cost about £90 for a new key so i got an alarm which did the central locking and got a normal key cut.

its the sensor/chip inside the actual key thats gone crappy, to get it right again youll have to have it remapped or a get a new one

I suppose i can cope with having to unlock it by hand, its just a pain if theres other people waiting to get in.

Ill be getting an alarm soon so will get the central locking wired in to the alarm remote.

tried makin sure the batteries r the right way round?

bloke sold me the car said it didnt work then i went to change the battery and the t**ser had put em round the wrong way!

Mr2 Roadster

The reason the range is sh!te is because its infared not radio signal. It needs to be in direct line with the sensor on the roof by the light...

when i bought my cmk1 clio rt 93 i had a similar problem with the remote central lockin. the guy who sold it to me, sed it ddnt work, but wen i took it home i (carefully) pulled out the infra red receiver next to the lights, checked all the wires were attached and cleaned the visor, after that, i can be about 5 metres away and as long as the reciever is in sight, it works a treat!

managed to knock off 50 quid cos of that as well!

Does everyone here have two remote fobs for their cars [Renault ones I mean], I suffer from the same problem regarding range and I only have one remote key, went to Whitehouse in Blackheath to get another to give to my girlfriend and its about 160 quid all in !!!!! Has anyone else bought one cheaper ??

I got two, but I actually have 3. I could sell you one Mike if you like, it wouldnt obvioulsy fit the lock but if you have the code for your key (mine is on a label in the manual) it would just need reprogrammed at reno to work.

You could call them to check this and find cost. I would accept £25 for the key if you want it. (current clio remote key).

On my 03 plate, my car centrol locking can open from f**king far away....I can be at the back of my garden and open my car, about 100 yds..Its madd...i hate it

BoyE, thanks for the offer mate but the other reason I wanted another key was to give to my girlfriend so she doesnt have to keep nicking mine to drive it, wont start with yours. Looks like Ill stick with one at keep my fingers crossed. Renault are sneaky, it costs about seventy quid for the button only, another 30 for the key itself, then they charge to cut the key, then they charge to programme the remote, all in all its chuffing expensive !!!!