ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central Locking

Naples Red clio 16v
My valver is trying to keep me out... any ideas
Firstly the remote central loking is now only working when it feels like it. have replaced the battery in the key (only have one remote key - how much does it cost for a new one including programming?). Any ideas?
Secondly whilst the remote central locking works fine (when it decides to), the manual central locking (and everything else for that matter) don't work when you use the key in the door - makes no difference between the drivers side or passenger side. When you use the key in either door and open it the alarm goes off. Tis a tad annoying. Could it be a fuse / wire? the manual has been like that since i bought it - someone tried (and failed) to break nto it in heathrow car park by using a screwdriver in the drivers side lock. don't think the manual way of getting into the car (using the key!) has worked since then.
Heeelp please. I love driving my car!

Naples Red clio 16v
anyone?
Especially abouut the manual locking not disabling the alarm / immobiliser
cheers

T

thecremeegg

In regards to the new key issue, mine was £114 all in from renault and that was the cheapest i could find!!! It may be cheaper for a valver though, depends on key i think. mines a mk2 ph1 but if its gotta be coded then i can see the price still being high for urs

Tom

Renault Clio Mk1 1.4 RT
Mine does this - i thought it might be because the sunroof was leaking - but i sealed it all - put new batteries in the remote and its still tempromental!!

It seems to work after i have run the car or through th e day - but on a morning i always have to set my alarm off to get in then turn it off!!

Is it possible to change the infrared sensor for a radio frequency - would this require any reprogramming???

Or is it just worth getting a clifford??

Sorry to hi-jack - and not being any use!!

One thing that may be worth trying is cleaning your windows inside and out!?!?

Cheers,

Dumpy

Naples Red clio 16v
got it working fine for a while. circuit board was dry and clean but gave it a once over and changed the batttery in the key. now its fooked again!!!

today it was working opened fine. opened fine first click on numerous occasions, but this afternoon when coming home it opened fine, drove 10 mins home, now cant lock it using central locking. fooked propper. nothing. no response at all.

ideas?

if i take the key and circuitboard for the central locking to renault can they tell me first whether it is fooked b4 shelling out for reprogramming?

can rac help?

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Take your key to a good auto electrician and ask him to check the micro switch inside your key. It may be a dry joing like mine was.

Blue 1.8 16v
mine started doing something like this today, i though the battery in my fob was goin flat cause for a while i had to get in and use it at point blank to turn the alarm and immobiliser on and off to get it to start. BUt today it has decided that it doesnt want to work unless i try and turn the engine over with it immobilised, then it works......for one blip and i have to do this again to de-immobilise, sunroof was recently leaking but is now sealed.

Would getting a new reciever as well as a battery for the key fob help? if so where from?

cheers

p.s sorry to hijack

1.2 16v Dynamique.
If your receiver is in the roof then check for corrosion especially as your roof was leaking. Im not too clued up with the earlier clios but my mate has a scenic which had the same problem. Took the board out, cleaned off the corrosion and its sweet now. For £3 you might as well change the battery too.

1.2 16v Dynamique.
My valver is trying to keep me out... any ideas
Firstly the remote central loking is now only working when it feels like it. have replaced the battery in the key (only have one remote key - how much does it cost for a new one including programming?). Any ideas?
Secondly whilst the remote central locking works fine (when it decides to), the manual central locking (and everything else for that matter) don't work when you use the key in the door - makes no difference between the drivers side or passenger side. When you use the key in either door and open it the alarm goes off. Tis a tad annoying. Could it be a fuse / wire? the manual has been like that since i bought it - someone tried (and failed) to break nto it in heathrow car park by using a screwdriver in the drivers side lock. don't think the manual way of getting into the car (using the key!) has worked since then.
Heeelp please. I love driving my car!

1.2 16v Dynamique.
1st - Get micro switch in blip checked for dry joint. Mine had same problem and was thats what it was.
2nd - My car is at Renault now and its costing £140 for a new key and programming.
3rd - On my car, a 2001 mk2, phase 2 the door locks dont work the central locking either. There are 2 lads at work with the same type of clio and they're door locks dont operate the central locking either. Im presuming they are only supposed to work off the blip.