ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central Locking

Clio 1.2 1998 S Reg
I have had my car for almost a year now and when I bought it I found that my central locking doesnt work.
I have this button on the inside of my car which locks both the drivers door and the passenger door.
Does anyone know what is wrong with the car? And is it an expensive job to get repaired?
I really want to stupid central locking to work as I have a faulty door lock which I struggle to open with my key and sometimes have to climb through the passenger door to open my door!

Any suggestions?

Jap Box
Not too sure on the central locking button but with the fault door lock id get that replaced ASAP.

My drivers lock went the same as yours and then eventully snapped meaning the key would turn and not unlock anything. I had to climb through the boot in mine as my pasenger lock was seized.

Clio 1.2 1998 S Reg
'My drivers lock went the same as yours and then eventully snapped meaning the key would turn and not unlock anything. I had to climb through the boot in mine as my pasenger lock was seized. '

Whoah!! That doesnt sound too good. From the looks of things it looks like there have been several problems with that lock, as around my door lock on the outside it has a ring all the way around it, as though it has been replaced before.
I have my MOT coming up and I know that it is going to fail, is it best to just get it done while its being serviced?

This is my first MOT I've had before!

As for the central locking, which console am I looking for? I have found that pressing the button to lock the doors when I'm inside the car, doesnt actually lock the doors. It makes the sound that its locked but my friend opened the door when I did it :S.
I'm going to guess that it is probably faulty!