ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ceramic coating

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I had mine done mate just to try and keep the heat away from the brake lines that run near the turbo location, also I suffered some heat soak into the PAS lines.

I had my turbo manifold, turbine housing and down pipe coated and was quite happy with the results. Obviously it was still hot to the touch but much better than un coated. I think heat wrap would be better but after having an oil feed line fail and squirt oil over the turbo and manifold I didn't want to risk it.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Well I do need some experimental CR pistons for my new build so I suppose I could have them coated as well :D

Edit* I'll get my coat after failing to read the OP twice despite the gentle hints from Fred above LoL

172 cup, Impreza P1
Was just asking you about this (exhaust parts) earlier Fred, whats the chances.

Stevie, what difference did the ceramic coating make to the temps around the brake lines?

Why would you want to do pistons?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
PISTONS stevie, PISTONS!

Lol wakey wakey :rasp: manifold and down pipe will be getting done, il do anything to dissipate the heat generated, just thought the pistons might help.

Edit probably going to get shot down for that last comment.

340i
Who are you guys using for coating?

I am looking to get my de-cat, manifold and turbo components ceramic coated..

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Pistons would only get too hot if fueling wasn't right.

Ignition!!!!! ignition timing is what causes too much heat in the vast majority of cases. Far too many people r****d the ignition way too much, huge heat is created, melty lump is formed

TrackCar & F30 330d
Who are you guys using for coating?

I am looking to get my de-cat, manifold and turbo components ceramic coated..

I'll answer your question mate!

Zicotech is a good place to start to get a quote. It's in Oxford I think.

not yet but im planing on getting the exhaust manifold done maybe the de cat

but still looking around at options

they got a good write up a while back from Practical Performance car or kit car mag cant remember

its the one on the website lol