ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Certificate of Conformity Question...

When you get the CoC (ooo-er) with your Import vehicle, what does this mean ? Does this mean that it conforms to the standards of the EU market ? If a vehicle has this does it mean that it is an EU import, i.e. NOT a grey import ?

Cheers,

D

Lee

BMW M2C

Ill have a look at mine when I get home if I dont forget!!!

My boss didnt get one with his Pug from Motorpoint, but its not caused him and problems.

Cheers Lee.

The reason I ask is because I just phoned Renault to see if the 172 I am buying has the remainder of the warranty left on it, the guy said that as long as it is an EU import then it should do. I am sure it is and comes with the CoC but I just want to make sure that the CoC means it is an EU import.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Yer the CoC just tells you it matchs EU import rules and safety checks.

But I dare say someone will tell me I am wrong even though I imported my last 172 from the Netherlands.

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 04 February 2004

When you get the CoC (ooo-er) with your Import vehicle, what does this mean ? Does this mean that it conforms to the standards of the EU market ? If a vehicle has this does it mean that it is an EU import, i.e. NOT a grey import ?

Cheers,

D

In short, Yes.

It provides proof that the car complies with all of the current European legislation. Without one the car would need to pass an SVA test before you can register it and use it on the roads. Unless it is over 10 (from memory) years old in which case you only need a current MOT to register it.

Cheers guys, just what I needed to know ! Looks like I will still have 13 monrhs warranty left on my new car then ! Any problems should have been sorted by now but you never know ! Only 5 days to go !

Phoned up Renault today and they have confirmed that the car comes with 3 year warranty and is on their system ! KEWL !

:D

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Didnt think for one minute it only had a 2 year warranty to be honest, must if not all cars nowa days come with at least 6 years 60,000 mile warranty.

6 year warranty !?!?!?!?! Are you sure ??!?!?!? Most cars ??!?!?!?!

Name 5 ! LOL !

;)

Is that what you are getting with the Skoda then ?

;)