ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CG-Lock - Seat Belt Device

are these any good, as ive been told they are.

just wanted to see peoples comments as i will be buying one shortly

sorry could the be moved to interior thanks admin

Last edited:
I've got one its not bad it does hold you in the seat better a bit like a harness but its not as good.
I'm interested to see how badly it wil wear the seat belt though it seems ok at the moment but I'm sure it will wear it after time.
My only worry is what happens in a crash as the pretensioner will pull the belt tight but if you've got the CG lock holign you in tight I'm worryied what might give.

Renaultsport 220T
I have one fitted to. And was thinking the same thing Edde.

Might need to start doing sit ups!

Works quite well on track, as it does hold you in a bit better than normal belt. Bit like on an aeroplane.

:D

I have one as you know ;)

Lent it out to Iain yesterday - said it made a big difference when on track.

A top tip is to put the seat back, pull the belt quick to lock then get a mate to help you pull the seat back into position - this seems to work the best.

subaru wrxi prodrive
Hi!
CG-Lock has been safety tested with and without pretensioners and proven not to affect the safety. The CG-Lock holds you where the expensive (one off) pretensioner pulls you back to when its too late. If the CG-Lock is pulled tight, the pretensioner will not pull as the CG-Lock is providing the necessary tension.
Top professionals recommend the CG-Lock for any performance driver NOT wearing a full race harness.
Anyone interested in a group buy?

cglock said:
Hi!
CG-Lock has been safety tested with and without pretensioners and proven not to affect the safety. The CG-Lock holds you where the expensive (one off) pretensioner pulls you back to when its too late. If the CG-Lock is pulled tight, the pretensioner will not pull as the CG-Lock is providing the necessary tension.
Top professionals recommend the CG-Lock for any performance driver NOT wearing a full race harness.
Anyone interested in a group buy?

me but would only require one

R35 GTR
jonnyjogpants said:
me but would only require one
If the group buy goes ahead, then I think they should match the best price available on the net, or beat it. These are available for £28 delivered from ebay in the usa. I bought one and didnt pay a penny more.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I rate these hugely, I use mine daily to help with a slight lower back pain/problem (helps keep your seating posture correct), and on track it's superb. As Day says above, with a little fiddling you can really keep yourself pinned in the seat.

I too was worried about the seat-belt pre-tensioner thing...so I had Mike at Rentech disconnect my drivers side pre-tensioner.

Worth every penny.