ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ch2 Topgear Now!

WOOHOO stig man go!!!! clio V6 doesnt make an impressive lawn mower!! LOL

I so want one of these cars...........and i promise not to fill it with shopping!!!

Chuckie

Well he said its in his top 10 garage list

I went in one on monday, and its phat!!!!

Made my Willy look like a Mini :oops:

Quote: Originally posted by visceral on 08 June 2003

I think its fair enough to say they loved it!!!

Same lap time as the Vanquish!!!!!
Yeah and like he said with the Porsche, knock about 4 secs off for the conditions - thats well fast

hold up!!

he said renault stuck engines in the back of things before.. the 5, the old clio... what old clio was mid engined?

Good point!! answers on a postcard............ the 5 was the turbo 2 was it not but the clio??? I just assumed he was making the point that renault liked to put big engines in small cars.......

Chuckie

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Quote: Originally posted by Ben j on 08 June 2003

hold up!!

he said renault stuck engines in the back of things before.. the 5, the old clio... what old clio was mid engined?
Maybe he was talking about the V6Mk1?

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Quote: Originally posted by Ben j on 08 June 2003

hold up!!

Maybe he was talking about the V6Mk1?

GR7

Shiny red R32

I thought that was one of the best Top Gears this series, even Anne Robinson was pretty amusing!

I have never seen them so enthusiastic about a car as they were with this V6 Clio. Pity it was raining for their track drive, otherwise it would have been closer to the top of the leaderboard.

Why does it have such a large turning circle? Same goes for the 172!

Well far as I know its got 18 Inchers, and the tyres are wide as anything.

So far as i understand the, the wider and bigger the tyres, the big the turning circle.

Could be wrong tho?

well i think hes pretty cool.............didnt know he sold a ferrari for a merc, but hey we can all make car buying mistakes..........we have all done it.......and in his defense doesn t he have kids?? ferrari not really family car material.......

Isnt the turning circle thing part of just owning a clio, i know johnny doesn t have the biggest circle..........

Chuckie

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by trog on 08 June 2003

Anyone know the width of the car including wing mirrors? looks well wide
I remarked to my husband about how wide and flat the V6 had got - then he narrowed the width of the screen and it looked different!! Maybe you had the wide screen thing on too trog!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by dj illusion on 08 June 2003

So far as i understand the, the wider and bigger the tyres, the big the turning circle.

Could be wrong tho?

I dont think so dj illusion! My hubbys Beemer has 18" wheels and the tyres on the back are bigger than the front and it turns a much smaller circle than my 172.

Alfa Mito 155TB

The stig should redrive the car as all the other marque cars were driven in the dry...they wouldnt of driven the Zonda in the wet would they.

But driving the V6 in the wet only made it shine more as the supercar it is !!!

:cool::cool:

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by dj illusion on 08 June 2003

Could be wrong tho?
Just had a look in the brochure and the tyres are 205/40/18 front and 245/40/18 rear

I got a little feeling its Tiff Needle cos as hes on 5th gear, they might have to hide his i.d.

Other than that maybe Damon Hill, or that small bloke who also helps presenting Top Gear?

Anyone else who it could be?

Clarkson sold his ferrari because he belived hed bought the wrong colour....
He bought a green one :p

At least thats what he said in on top gear a few years ago.

He bought a green one?

Mate he definately didnt have a green one,

I got pics and video of him in it, and its Red.

I also saw the little bit of footage about him selling it for the merc, and it was shown red on that too

you said u saw it on top gear a few years back? I only thought he sold it last year some time?

I saw the clip where clarkson was deciding what colour to get for his ferrari - "Umm, arrr, Ill have a Gre.... Red one please!"

The point being that Ferraris only seem to be proper if they are Ferrari Red!

I saw a baby-blue 360 modena Convertible when I was in milan - wasnt sure if I liked it or not, but certainly caught your eye! And I suppose you could always respray it... ;)

I didnt say id seen it, just that jeremy said he bought a green one and wished he hadnt. If I remember rightly it was the first car he bought after he got paid for the for his first series of top gear.

"Umm, arrr, Ill have a Gre.... Red one please!"

That was in refence to his cockup with buying a green one the first time ;)