ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Change 2 bolt throttle body for 3 bolt on a 1.4rt?

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
i have a 1.4rt and need a 3 botl throttel body as pipercross and k&n only make induction kits for the 3 bolt setup. is it a straight swap and has any1 done it?

93 RT 1.4 Clio & Dolomite
Your 2 bolt TB will look like this...?

ph2throttlebody2.jpg

While my 3 bolt one looks like this...

throttlebody6.jpg

Probally best undoing the bolts (leave the pipes attached for now) to have a look at the inlet manifold, mine looked like this..

throttlebody5.jpg

At worst, get a phase 1 inlet manifold?

Hope that helps a little mate.

Also, if 3 bolt trottle bodies go on, you can use a larger 1.8 Laguna SPI one. It's a direct swap. :)

And you can use some of the air tubing too...

throttlebody10.jpg

Ooo cheers! :eek:

Only joking. :rasp: You only need to undo a couple of bolts to have a look at your inlet mani. :)

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
rite so i took my TB off and i will need to change the inlet manfold for this 2 work even if i manage to get a 3 bolt TB on the next problem will be the little electric connection as i have arroved below? any1 done this b4?

Attachments

• throttlebody10.jpg
    throttlebody10.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 89
  S2000
I'm not sure of the exact details as I've not changed one before but you will definately need the inlet manifold and the TB as teh three bolt TB had the air inlet temperature sensor within the TB but the two bolt one has it in the inlet manifold itself. I'm not sure if the connection differ too much. Best bet would be to get someone with a 3 bolt one to post up pictures of all the connections to their and you can compare it with the connections on your 2 bolt one.

If it's any use you can see some pictures I took when cleaning up my 2 bolt TB HERE

Clio Trophy 463
It wont fit mate, tried it on my 2 bolt. Also the loom is different, so it would need rewiring anyway. Green Cotton, K&N and Powertec all do an induction kit with a 2 bolt throttle body fixing for the clio..........try here...

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Manufacturer :Powertec Filters
Category :Powertec Induction Kits
Sub-category :Powertec - Renault
Application :Clio Mk 1 1.2/1.4 Spi (airboxes with 3 bolt fixing)
Product Code:PT33-09

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGH Y DOES NO1 DO 2 BOLT FIXING!