ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changed headlights over, now car won't start

FF 182
Managed to grab a set of second hand xenons from here as the clips on mine were snapped. Decided to change them over today. All went well until i tried to start the car up. Sort of turns over once, dash lights come on, air con etc, as normal, just the car won't start. Also can hear a whine/buzzing noise on the drivers side with the bonnet up, and when sitting in the drivers seat, sort of like a fizzing sound from behind the dash.

Had the bumper off so probably disturbed something, but what?? I have no idea.

Any help appreciated.

FF 182
Also noticed when going to lock the car, it doesn't lock first time. Then when it does lock the alarm just emits a constant beep until i unlock it, then it locks normally.

Edit* Doesn't turn over like i previously said.

FF 182
Not that i know of :S

Just been out to check the earths, but couldn't see anything wrong. Did notice the clock has reset though.

Will try and jump it later, if that doesn't work i'll get the bumper off again tomorrow and have a better look around.

Wish i'd never bothered!

FF 182
Jump leads and booster pack done feck all!

Also, solid right light on immobiliser when key in position 2.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is any help but with my 182 now and again i would get the solid immobiliser light. If it stays solid on position 2 then thee is no point trying to turn it over as it won't start. I would have a look around the fuse relay box. Check everything looks okay and pull out / pop back in the relays. This sometimes worked for me, not sure if it was a coincidence or not though.

FF 182
Video of whats happening:

[video=vimeo;89779859]https://vimeo.com/89779859[/video]

Seems like the red light is going off, and not solid as i said previously.

FF 182
Was the battery lol. Got a auto sparky out and he confirmed it. My jump leads now in the bin and have new battery!

:eek: