ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changed Steering wheel, now no horn

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
So.. I had previously fitted a Sparco steering wheel and used the sparco horn button and the horn was working fine.. I changed the wheel today with an OMP wheel and used the same type of horn button but this time I forgot to take out the metal spring clip in the horn button which I know can cause a dead short problem... I didnt hear any fuse pop when I pressed the horn and I've checked every fuse on the car and cannot find any blown fuse anywhere... My question is could I have blown the squib?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

I remember shorting after the 2 prongs from the ph1 stalk touch the column. Horn didnt work for a while, then it did, now it doesnt.. o_O

markhump

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Is the only way to tell if the squib is blown by removing the wheel and boss then inspecting the wires?

markhump

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Thanks. On mine I had removed the spring clip from the omp horn push and it’d worked fine for a few months. Shorted out yesterday for no apparent reason. Now can’t sound the horn by touching the + and - wires and no blown fuse, so guessing the squib has gone.

Might go for the ph1 stalk, anyone know if that’s plug and play with a ph2 cruise control squib?

Thanks. On mine I had removed the spring clip from the omp horn push and it’d worked fine for a few months. Shorted out yesterday for no apparent reason. Now can’t sound the horn by touching the + and - wires and no blown fuse, so guessing the squib has gone.

Might go for the ph1 stalk, anyone know if that’s plug and play with a ph2 cruise control squib?
Yeah but you need to swap the indicator return mechanisms round.