ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing a standard 182 into a clio van

Evoque, A3 Cab, 182
Hello

I have a desire to mod my newly purchased 182 into a clio van.

I have only bought the car for my fishing trips - as I hate getting my daily dirty.

Would love to pop the back windows out, and have some metal work put in there place. Rip the back seats out, and create a nice level base, carpeted or even ply.

I'd leave everything else as standard.

I just wondered if you guys can point me in the right direction to possibly a thread where someone has done this, or an article somewhere? I'm guessing someone must have done this before!

Thanks in advance,

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Far from difficult. Seats out, glass out, metal panel bonded in. Clio Van.

Evoque, A3 Cab, 182
Why need a thread to look at, just do it.

Because there may be some things that someone has learned along the way, which may make the process easier or the end result better.

Not as though it would hurt to look at someone else's conversion - hence my post...

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
chav way: cheap black tint off ebay then cover the back side and rear windows job done
pikey way: black paint on the inside of your windows ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Is there any advantage to having the windows all filled in for that application?

I would have thought just taking the seats out would be all the converting you need?

Why not sell it and get a DCi Van? Far better on fuel and already done, or do you need to get to fishing spots REALLY quickly so need a 182 to do it? lol

Evoque, A3 Cab, 182
Could have bought any old van. I personally dont like driving vehicles like that.

Defo want to do this properly - with proper metal panels - make it look like a clio van.

I just thought it would be pretty cool to have, as a pose to a DCI van or similar.

Going to begin looking at whats needed very soon. Maybe I'll pop some pictures up as I progress with the conversion.

Thanks

Evoque, A3 Cab, 182
Insurance will be higher, yes, but not a lot.

Doubt I will be going over the severn bridge that much. It'll be worth paying a bit more to get home quicker after freezing ones nuts and bolts off bankside all day...!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It would be kinda cool if it was decked out inside.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Sell it and buy a specced up astra sportive van and save the mone have it done. Bigger space for fishing gear too.

Evoque, A3 Cab, 182
Im having trouble finding the back window panels to make my 182 van - anyone know where I could get those panels? I guess try Renault directly?

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Could put coloured vinyl over the windows for the same effect?

Evoque, A3 Cab, 182
Brill - ill try Renault direct I think.

Was thinking that going for the panels would make it more authentic than opting for wrap or such like...?

Evoque, A3 Cab, 182
What about resale?

Like the windows the panels need bonding on.

Not really fussed about resale. I guess someone might see her as a novelty, if it's done well enough, it should fetch half of what I paid for it!

Maybe ...

Should be keeping her a while though.

Clio 182
Theres a chap on here thats selling his kangoo van with a 172 engine in it! Buy that beast! Haha!

I know what you mean though, id love to turn mine into a van, all the fishin gear bashing into the windows and plastics isnt the nicest!

uvynu4yj.jpg

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Theres a chap on here thats selling his kangoo van with a 172 engine in it! Buy that beast! Haha!

I know what you mean though, id love to turn mine into a van, all the fishin gear bashing into the windows and plastics isnt the nicest!

uvynu4yj.jpg

I just bought the BEAST :)

FF Racing Blue 182
Its a bloody nightmare trying to get rods into the clio and taking a passenger never mind all the stuff