ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing cambelt

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Itll never be a nice car, but what can I replace it with for the money, probably worth £500 once/if I get it done but I wouldn't sell it for that, so I may as well keep it and modify it. All my cars get modified.

It was a nice car when I saw it (I bought the alloy bonnet from you)

phase 1 flamer 172
£295 for parts on ebay..

No I am not going to replace the wing, I have never really liked the sport body kit, going to replace it all with non sport wings/front panel, which I much prefer. Only trouble is all the holes that get left in the sills, and I cant afford to get panels resprayed so will be all colours for now.

phase 1 flamer 172
Oh right, no I have all the parts (Wolverhampton) including tools , just very disappointed it took me so long to get to the stage where im ready to use them. 12 hour shifts now mean it will have to wait till next week before I can **** it all up.

Clio 172
£295 is for full cambelt kit and dephaser..

Renault Wolverhampton quoted me £330 for a full kit, drive belt kit, head plugs, oil filter and oil. Going to get the lot in a week or two and then sling it in the shed until I have saved the money for the labour.

Jack

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
didnt include oil and filter just belts kit and dephaser. Double check your getting dephaser. .

No I am not going to replace the wing, I have never really liked the sport body kit, going to replace it all with non sport wings/front panel, which I much prefer. Only trouble is all the holes that get left in the sills, and I cant afford to get panels resprayed so will be all colours for now.

Track width?

Clio 172
didnt include oil and filter just belts kit and dephaser. Double check your getting dephaser. .

Timing belt kit £96.93 comes with head bungs
Cylinder head seals £22.80 for the pair
Dephaser pulley £120
Auxiliary drive belt kit £53.89
oil filter £4.98
5litres elf oil £24
Delivery £7.50

there you go mate that should see you right!

all comes to £330.10 if my maths is up to scratch. My belt has 7k left in it according to the history so I'm going to buy the bits and then save for the labor charges to get it done in June/July