ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing D2S Xenon Bulbs

my xenons have the osram d2s bulbs in, and i have some philips d2s bulbs here to replace them with.... how do i go about swapping the bulbs? just through the back of the unit like a normal headlamp or do i have to take it to pieces?

cheers :approve:

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Best of taking them apart and doing it properly.

Dont want to damage the bulbs!

ST
Yeah a friend of mine has got me a set of 6000k bulbs to go into mine...he said i should have a mechanic fit them??

as i understood its just a bulb like any other but obv. alot more expensive lol.....ive not taken the rubber cover off the back to look so was just wondering how they were swapped

Recaro Black Gold 182
as i understood its just a bulb like any other but obv. alot more expensive lol.....ive not taken the rubber cover off the back to look so was just wondering how they were swapped

Don't think they are bulbs, more some sort of discharge unit, but i'm no expert.

IMG_0001.jpg%20copy.jpg

looks like a bulb to me lol...got them infront of me now :)

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Basicly you have to remove the pack on the back of the bulb.

There is a small connector block on this as well.

The bulbs are held in.

Remove.

Then replace back again.

The reason i said your better off taking the unit out is because it is very fiddely. You do not have room really to move things about especially the small connector block.

Hi Guys,

Just wondering anyone here can confirm if the stock D2S Xenon bulbs on the Clio 172 MK2 are made by osram? Or is it by philips?

Thanks,
Kenn.

Anyone here using Philips or Osram 6000K D2S xenon(HID) bulbs? I think the OEM ones are 4300K or so. Anyone got pics?:)

Also are the oem's on the Clio osram or philips?

RB 182
Why were u changing them?

On my 51 plate 172 the guy before had replaced one of the bulbs with an Osram one, and it was white, where as the stock bulb has a blue tint

My 02 plate one has two blue tinted ones, which i presume are stock

Honda Accord Sport I-Vtec
That is what I heard too, but apparently over 4800k or something, they are not legal in this country. (if it bothers you obviously) This is because of the amount of blue / purple / white.

I found the cheapest Xenon Bulbs at http://www.xenonmaster.com - but they only do D2S & D2R Standard OEM bulbs. (4300K) Osram and Phillips.

Da

Less
The higher the K (degrees Kelvin) the higher the temp of the light output. The higher the output the closer it is to daylight, but as above it also gets more 'bluey' :)

Tangoed Works
I think 4300k is optimum for lighting as this emitts the maximum amount of white light. Any higher and you are actually losing light although they do look better.

BMW M135i
4300k emits the most usable visible light iirc, whereas 6k looks a bit blue and "cool" don't like them myself.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
4300k emits the most usable visible light iirc, whereas 6k looks a bit blue and "cool" don't like them myself.

Exactly...

the 4300K produces the best light possible.

When put with a good set of lens' you still get the purple/blue tinge.
The 182 for example have newer and better lens'.

When using bulbs such as 6k, they loose a lot of useable light. Most if not all cars are fitted with 4300K bulbs.

Dont forget, new bulbs are always going to be more blue/purple/white (strong colour)