ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing Dash Board lights



  Clio Sport 172cup
Does Anyone know if you can change the interior display lights from orange to blue??

:eek: For example the clock or the dash lights!! ;)
 
Like this?

DSC05362_001.jpg
 
  A number of clios
id also like to no how to do this i broke my rev counter trying to do it last time lol
 
  R35 GTR
Clio_Cole172 said:
Does Anyone know if you can change the interior display lights from orange to blue??

:eek: For example the clock or the dash lights!! ;)

yes, clock display is easy.

I have also done the stereo and all the switches on a mates car, just got to do the speedo to finish it off.
 
Dave3141 said:
yes, clock display is easy.

I have also done the stereo and all the switches on a mates car, just got to do the speedo to finish it off.

how do you do it, please tell me.
 
  R35 GTR
Easy. get the correct leds and they are a direct replacement. Cant tell you the type off top of my head, but you need to get exactly the right package surface mount led.
 
You need someone who is a dab hand at electronics.
The surface mount LED kits are available from the eBay.

Should cost in total around £100 if someone else does it for you.
 
  R35 GTR
Day said:
You need someone who is a dab hand at electronics.
The surface mount LED kits are available from the eBay.

Should cost in total around £100 if someone else does it for you.


Its around a max price of £42 for all leds, then whatever labour charge is.
 
  Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i brought some of the leds from ebay, and am good at soldering, but i haven't attempted it yet as they led's are tiny. i am waiting to get a cheap speedo of ebay and change that one then stick it in my car incase i screw up mine, so if anyone has a spare speedo and wants me to have a go, send it to me, and i'll stick the leds i have in it, and send it back to you for £20 ? but no guarantees i won't bust it ;)
 
  Clio 172mk2
ask dink he`s done this , the leds are cheap enough but there somet like 2mm x 3mm so there a little fidly . there is a fella on ebay thatll do em for around 70 quid for the speedo, he lives in middlesborough area.
 
  R35 GTR
I know exactly how to solder these, and will not fook the job up, I can do the whole car for a small fee.....
 
  Sold the sport :(
I'm interested Dave - how much? Could do it myself though but would need to work out how to strip everything out first :(
 
R

Rebecca

Dave3141 said:
I know exactly how to solder these, and will not fook the job up, I can do the whole car for a small fee.....

I helped a bit too. David is ever so good though. He has a degree in mechatronics and I have a GCSE in Electronics lol.
 
R

Rebecca

kullycliosport said:
i quite like the blue lights on the dash , one of many things on my to do list :eek:

Hint hint David help Kully with his lights please lol.
 
R

Rebecca

Sorry got a bit carried away there lol :quiet: Not sure how much they are I know they got them off fleabay though. I think Adam got them else I would check on the account for you.
 
Dont do a mk1 with bulbs like I did, they look slightly blue but are too dim. I keep meaning to put some brighter ones in.
 


Top