ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Dashboard lights? anyone in coventry area who can do it?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Do it yourself,

I'm halfway there now, will complete the rest of the weekend, I've done the dials and top CPU display, by a crazyLed set and just need a soldering Iron and a bit of Solder and p**S easy from I've done.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
I can do it, the only problem is.. I live in South Wales :rolleyes:

How much would you charge mate?

I've done the Hazard Panel and Window Switches myself (the easy bits!!) Looking to have the dials done white and the Computer Display Blue? Maybe a blue centre clock too?

Thanks mate!

Clio MTV
I Would love to change my dash lights to white or some other colour than that boring orange! what bulbs are needed for the window switches? or is it a case of soldering them ones aswel? :)

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
I Would love to change my dash lights to white or some other colour than that boring orange! what bulbs are needed for the window switches? or is it a case of soldering them ones aswel? :)

3mm led bulbs. they need resistors but usually the resistor is already in the switch anyway.

to get to the bulb you have to pry the switch apart which is a tad tricky and then to remove the led i find the easiest way without melting the plastic is to push the led down while holding the soldering iron to the contact. otherwise it just seems to go wrong and you melt it easy

Fiesta ST2 MP215
this is a lot easier to do that you'd think, I bought the Crazyled kit ( s**t instructions ) take a while to do but it's only a small number of bulbs smds to change, but note if you buy their kit they just supply strips of SMDs in separate bags with each place noted on a sticker, you have to cut them yourself and the instructions as I say are complete and utter crap.
worth doing though, I now have a crisp blue all round, like a golf but not a golf.