ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing from 5 seats to 4 help?

Clio III 1.2 16v 06
I've bought the Clio 200 cup interior for my 1.2 and the rear bench only has seatbelts attatched for 2 seats?

Unless I could unbolt off my old bench to make it a five? Just checking as MOT is coming up do I need to change log book if I change it to 4 seats?

Clio III 1.2 16v 06
This is what I'm saying, I'm not bothered about losing a seat, it's wether or not I'll fail an mot if my logbook says 5 seats which I shall check now

I would remove the seat belt in the roof liner and the seat belt "plug", I don't think that would affect a mot, I think the main rules apply " if it's fitted it should work" but if you don't have one in I don't think their will be any problem. dont quote me I'm not a mot tester.

Or easier option put your old bench in if you still have it just for the MOT

Clio III 1.2 16v 06
Well I was looking to sell all of my old interior lol , I think I may have figured a way round it

Ph2 1.2, Ph1 172
Rules in the MOT state that if there are belts there they have to be functioning so if you remove it then they can't physically test it. Same rule applies if you have your car stripped out you have to have the rear belts removed also.

clio 172 phase 2
if theres no seat in the middle and you remove the belt then that would be fine. it would only fail if you had a seat there with out a belt. as you can remove all off your back seats and seat belts and it wont fail an mot because it doesnt have them.