ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing from FBW ph2 to ph1 cable.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Hi guys, I've searched many threads with not much luck, I'm sure i seen one that someone had wired it up on a ph2 ecu.

I'm wanting to change my 172 cup from FBW throttle body to a ph1 cable. Is there a way of doing this on a standard ph2 ecu/loom before i swap everything from a ph1 over??

Any help would be apprecited.

Cheers
Stu

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Coming from ph1's to an itb'd ph2, now running a standard ph2 engine for the time being and getting plenty bother with the fbw set up/limp mode etc I just want to go back to what i find better - cable set up.

dan's cast offs.
generally when you get issues it's a wiring problem and tends not to be confined to throttle circuit but can be a straightforward fix though.

going to cable involves changing a lot of stuff.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Wiring has been in/out a few times, loom in the car at the minute is from another car so could well be an issue in the loom. Its just to tide me over till my itb'd engine is fixed.

However, I cant run the risk of it just going into limp when it feels like on a timed lap. (This is what happend previosly) go back to cable and it eliminates it being a throttle pedal/body issue. I can go test it and if for some reason it dies again i know its not related to fbw pedal/TB.

I think i'm going to just have to swap over the wiring from a ph1 for the time being, havent found any threads with a known success of putting cable on a fbw car and running standard ecu etc.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Yeah I know, I posted this thread to see if anyone had done this conversion without having to swap out all of the above before I go ahead with it.