ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Front lines, discs and pads. Please Help

polo
Now then chaps, got a set up of brembo HC's, KTR lines and ferodo pads to fit. Done some searching and seems like there is some disagreement between whether or not to drain the fluid or not. Is there a decent guide out there? cant find a good one. Also does anyone know where a workshop manual can be found for the phase 2 172? found one which gives set up figures but thats no good to me. Thanks in advance for any help!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Do not drain the fluid, bleed it out with fresh fluid. Keep topping up res & don't let it get too low.

If you get air in the system ala abs unit big nono!

Clio 172 CUP (Race car)
I just did mine last week, as they say don't "drain" the fluid, this can cause more headaches than enough! Here is how I did it: If you unscrew the reservoir cap and place some cling film or latex glove over it and re-tighten the cap. This causes a vacuum so when you remove the old hoses only a small drop of fluid escapes. This way you can fit the new lines and no air gets into the top of the system. Once the new lines were on I changed the fluid by first sucking the excess out of the reservoir with a syringe or turkey baster, then fill with fresh fluid. Bleed each corner until fresh fluid is coming out the nipple.. this is easier to see with fluid that has a different colour.
I also used an easy-bleed kit, this was not expensive and made bleeding a very simple one man job, highly recommended!