ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Front Pads - Swansea area?

Blk/Gold 182 FF
I fancy giving this a go myself but I havent done it on my own before and wondered if anyone from the swansea area fancy helping me out if they have the tools / Know how? Beer Money Included :)

Thanks

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Sure one of local lads will give you a hand

There's also a good step by step guide with decent pictures in the Guides section of the forum mate

Blk/Gold 182 FF
Ive done small bits on the car but never the pads - isit majorly difficult for a novice? I know that you have to be careful with the shims and give the sliders a good grease but thats all i was told lol

Blk/Gold 182 FF
5.jpg

using this Pic as a guide - Where are the Sliders located? I read you should grease them up when you change the pads but im not sure where they are haha

330i. E30 Touring.
Front ones are ten mins work.

Wheel off.

Use a 17mm spanner and a 13mm ratchet spanner/socket to undo the bolts that hold the caliper to the yoke.

Only loosen the top one. Remove te bottom one. Fold caliper up. Remove old pads.

Replace. Install in reverse order.

Blk/Gold 182 FF
as i want to give the whole lot a clean down and grease up (havent been done for about 2 years or so) where abouts are the slider's? not even sure of the real name of these :|

Yep once the 2 nuts are out you can just slide them out, clean them up with a rag, wack some new slider grease on or whatever else is compatible, slide them back in and pop the rubber covers back over the lip, self explanatory once there in front of you.

Blk/Gold 182 FF
need to try and book it in to a garage next week too as one of the handbrake cables snapped, its the passenger side rear wheel one. nightmare on hill starts ha

330i. E30 Touring.
Don't forget to loosen the brake fluid reservoir cap off or pressing the pistons back in to give space for the new thick meaty pads will be a b*tch.

I never bother with this.

Just use a G-clamp and it pushes straight back in,

Blk/Gold 182 FF
Oh cool, I wouldn't have a clue where to start with the handbrake cable, be nice to do it ye! Thanks mate!! I'll find out some dates and times I'm free and let you know and we can work out a day. Any particular days to avoid on your part mate?