ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing front speakers

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

Hi im thinking of changing my front speakers in my 1,2 16V for 13cm comps but im right in thinking this means i need an amp?

how are the tweeters in the clio connected? is there a crossover? or do they "piggy back" to the mid/low drivers?

anyone fitted comps into a clio? was it an easy enough job?

Clio 172mk2

fitting any speakers is reasonably easy, no you dont need a amp , providin u have a decent head unit. but if u like yer music very loud a amp would be better.

if theyve got a corssover then the sound clarity will be better

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

volume doesnt bother me to much, i prefer sound quality. will an amp sound any better than my head unit? (Pioneer DEH-P8600MP 4X50Watts (27watts rms i think!))

also, how do you wire a set of comps to the head unit amp?

sorry im new to all of this :oops:

Clio 172mk2

with no amp

heasd unit - crossover - speaker

- tweater

if u use a amp

head unit - amp - crossover - speaker

- tweater

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

so id run the standard front speaker cable to the crossovers instead of to the front speakers and then new wires from the crossover to the tweeters and drivers

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

id like to if possible get the tweeters behind the standard grills, also where have you guys hid your crossovers? is it possible to get them behind the speakers, behind the door cards?

Polo + Micra

you could get them under the dash somewhere.

i fitted my tweeters in the oem positions, i had to glue them but there are in there

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Dont see why not. I guess youd simply run shorter wire from the amp to the crossovers and run two sets of speaker wire to the front for each speaker/tweeter.