ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing rear discs

Nimbus Clio 197
I have a pair of new discs ready to go on (mainly to replace the wheel bearing really), and I have read the how-to guide. Just wondering if it actually is a difficult job as I have never worked on brakes before and am a bit worried!

Easy as dude, I'd never done them before when I did mine on my 172 and found it a piece of cake, followed the guide on here.

FF Clio 182
So easy just make sure you don't forget the spacer on the inside of the disc and to torque the hub nut to 175nm.

koi

Audi S1
Rather do it myself again after a local garage messed up 3 times by not putting the spacer in, even gave them the guide on here lol

Nimbus Clio 197
Yeah got the spacers with the new discs to make sure. Doesn't sound too bad, might give it a pop tomorrow then

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Replace the nuts as they are nylocks or put a drop of loctite on the old ones.

FF Clio 182
I used some copper grease on the stub axel to minimise wear. Don't know if anyone else would recommend it or anything but I had the grease so thought I would.