ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Side Lights!!

With the Xenon headlights on the 172 i thought the sh*tty dull side lights looked pretty crap so i invested in some quad LED replacements - after alot of swearing i gave up trying to fit them. Embrassingly i went to a Renault dealer and asked if it was just me being dim>>>>> they said the whole bumper and headlights have got to come off, which they would kindly do for £40 per hour!!!! Anyone konw any different??

Mate its fiddley but for the mk2 it does not mean removing the bumper to fit the side lights. I changed the silvervision bulbs (indicators) and freebee side light together in 20 mins... its not hard. Drivers side is tight but thats all. You can even see the sidelight being removed from the front, just get in there ;)

Cheers, Ill give it another go with a little more enthusiasm!! ( and more cuts on my bloody hands!!! ) there was no way im gonna hand over £40 for the dealership to do it.

Get some one with small hands to do it, I fitted mine no probs you just have to get your arm at the right angle, I stood at the front of the car and curved my arm over...:confused:

i tried for about an hour and abit.. couldnt unplug the drivers side.. use a pair of pliers.. did it in 2 mins

Pliers is the best way to go..

Cheers guys - the pliers worked a treat, even though i now look like a tw*t for not even trying it ( i was getting really pissed off! :mad: )