ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing steering wheel and the serv light, a classic

Mazda Mx-3
Hi everyone
I own a 2005 182 ff and i have fitted my momo s.wheel 2 days ago. I have used two 3.3ohm resistors for the airbag cables as it is written on this forum and kept the cc buttons (neatly took out the cc buttons and cables and attached them to the new momo s. wheel) . I normally drive the car without any problems and without the serv light. But when i use the cruise control or disable the esp/tc 2 minutes later serv light appears with the esp light on and it stays untill i stop the engine. It seems to be a steering wheel sensor problem as edde and others mentioned before, but if it is broken how can i drive with the esp/tc on and fully functioning? Only if i try to disable it i have the light and esp goes for good. I live in Bursa/Turkey and clio sports are extremely rare here (only one 182 in my city) so Renault services are inexperienced and unreliable. I have solved nearly all of my problems with the help of this forum thanks to the members but i have gone beyond my skills this time:(
Waiting for help, thank you :rolleyes:

Volvo S60 T5
you need to take the steering wheel boss off and put 2 small self tapping screws in so that the angle sensor moves with the steering wheel.
Easy to do.
Have a look at the old steering wheel you will notice two metal lugs on it, thats basically what you have to do with the boss kit.
Job done

Mazda Mx-3
i have noticed the two metal lugs on the old steering wheel, but assumed that the cables of the airbag and the cruise would turn with the hub and let the sensor ring do its job but it was not enough then. i will give a try tomorrow thanks alot