ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing stereo

Hi lads this is me first post so be gentle.Basicly got a 172 and want 2 swap stereo got a pioneer deh p7400mp but i pressume the dash display and steering controls wont work when fitted any ideas,tried 2 get an adapter but reckon they dont do one,anyone else sorted it :oops:

na there aint an adapater for the p7400.

You will lose steering controls and the display in the dash. However the time/temp will remain.

Very nice stereo, I love it! Looks great when you set the lights to orange, matches the clio well!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

I had same problem with pioneer DEH-P850MP on my clio2mk2 rang up pionner and they said they do have some stalk controls out but they were only tested on other renaults...not clios. They said i could buy em but if they didnt work they wouldnt refund me the money. So i took the headunit back got the SONY CDX850mp or something....(its the mp3 playa with black display)...then bought the display and stalk control to go with it. Sony do adaptors for all their headunits.

~*David*~

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

nah the internal amp is better on the sony ones as said bu sound domain and car audio central. Also pinoeer looks too flashy compared with the dark blacked out colour display on the sony ones. My mate had the pionner 7400 got nicked in under a month. On the other hand i have pionner 6x9s on the way to me!

~*David*~

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Im using a Pioneer DEH-P7400MP in my mk1 172 and I dont actually miss the stalk controls.

I did for the first few days, but now I dont...I just like having the better HU

ps. The Pioneer HU looks very nice in the mk1 because the mk1 has a nice silver surround

tbh the sound quality from pioneer is far superior to sony, argue with me if you wish..but ive tested it myself and im not copying what others say.

tbh the sound quality from pioneer is far superior to sony, argue with me if you wish..but ive tested it myself and im not copying what others say.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

^Adam^ no go on tell me i am interested...i only go by what i have read reviews of init. I must say i dont wanna lose the display or stalk...it would just annoy me and i do prefer the display on the sony unit. Personal tasted i guess.

~*David*~

in my view, sony are very expensive for what you get.

They have a number of reliability issues which i see first hand at work.

They fair to output the same depth and range of sound as alpine/pioneer...even kenwood i spose.

i dont particularly like their hud (personal choice).

I think sonys sell so well due to their well known brand, but imo they are a few years behind the leading companies.

nuff said:)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Yeah mayb ur right, im just happy with having the trick display stalk controls and standard car display all working together...i just like everything to b perfect and that what i want. Sorry u guys dont rate Sony. I didnt buy Sony for the name but mainly cause the pionner one didnt gimme all the accesories i needed and cause even with a detachable face plate its still looks too flashy with all the silver stuff underneath. Cant deal with some1 nickin it after spending so much money on it. Each to their own i guess.

You said they were unreliable, but i have 2 year warranty to i hope it wont b a problem.

~*David*~