ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing the tweeters?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I've bought myself some components and I was going to fit them myself, but this requires taking the dash out I think and I've never done this before? Can any-one give me some advice on how best to get the tweeters and crossovers fitted or point me to the guide that I've missed if it is there? Cheers :)

275 Trophy
Last edited:
  Mustang, S13, AX GT
I'd still have to take the dash apart to trace the wires to the A pillar anyway wouldn't I? Cheers for pointing me to the guides mate :)

I'd still have to take the dash apart to trace the wires to the A pillar anyway wouldn't I? Cheers for pointing me to the guides mate :)

Not necisarily, the a pillars pull out and you could probably feed the wire through.

There is a great guide on talk audio on how to mount tweeters in the a pillars.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I'll have a look but surely to neatly trace the wires from HU to crossover, then from crossover to A-Pillar the dash will have to come off?

Stripped yozza'd cup
I'll have a look but surely to neatly trace the wires from HU to crossover, then from crossover to A-Pillar the dash will have to come off?

No, because you'd mount the crossovers in the doors (probably) so you can run the tweeter cables through the rubber with the rest of the door electrics, then up the side of the dash into the a-pillar. Tweeters should be as close to ear height as possible so the a pillars is the best place for them.

As simon says, there's a great guide on talk audio.

Listerine & Poledo
Why have tweeters poking out of a pillar when you've already got perfectly good mounting points for them as is?

Sure, it's probably a sod to get the dash out (about to look at the guide..) but after all's done, it'd be the better option

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Wires up the side if the dash certainly aren't neat though. I'll have a crack at taking the dash out and wiring it all in over the weekend. I dont fancy having them sticking out at all and I dont think theres enough room behind the Apillar cover to sink them in.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
When i did mine the dash was not that hard to remove (putting back on properly can be) I've got them on there original place with the wires running to the crossovers in the door, tucked the wire underneath the door seal and through a plastic stopper at the top of the door, not 100% neat but as close as you can get still keeping it reversible.

clio 182
why not just take the tweeter out of its housing mount your own in there but check the continuity of the wires and find out were the wires are below the dash and before the door and join your crossover wires into those?

Stripped yozza'd cup
why not just take the tweeter out of its housing mount your own in there but check the continuity of the wires and find out were the wires are below the dash and before the door and join your crossover wires into those?

The standard speaker cable is shite, but you could do.....