ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing to cooksports....

Afternoon all...

I’ll be swapping out the standard springs on my 172 for a set of Cooksports.

My question to you lovely lot is...

1) should I replace the rear shocks when I put the Cooksport springs on?

1a) if yes - should I replace with standard replacements or cup shocks?

My car is for track only!

Later in life, it’ll get some coilovers but for now, I’m just seeking a decent enough setup ??

Thanks all

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
New shocks would make sense if the current ones are getting on, however if you're getting coilovers in the near(ish) future it would make more sense to keep the money aside for them and only replace the current shocks if you actually have a problem with them.

Yeah new cup shocks, about 80 delivered?

What are the front shocks like?

No idea what the fronts are like but what would they set me back?

New shocks would make sense if the current ones are getting on, however if you're getting coilovers in the near(ish) future it would make more sense to keep the money aside for them and only replace the current shocks if you actually have a problem with them.

I reckon the current ones are the ones from factory, so yeah, they’re getting on a bit...

Yea as above really - new cooksports and cup shocks is getting on for (maybe more!?!) £250 - why not skip the middle man and go straight for coilovers...

I would skip the middle man, but I think I’ll have them for a little while, plus the cost of coilovers right now isn’t really ideal in terms of cost

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Afternoon all...

I’ll be swapping out the standard springs on my 172 for a set of Cooksports.

My question to you lovely lot is...

1) should I replace the rear shocks when I put the Cooksport springs on?

1a) if yes - should I replace with standard replacements or cup shocks?

My car is for track only!

Later in life, it’ll get some coilovers but for now, I’m just seeking a decent enough setup ??

Thanks all
That’s my current setup, too soft for track in my opinion. I’m sure others would agree. I agree with posts above, save the extra and get the collys in for some flat cornering ?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Last year at csf @Potatoes was kind enough to take me out for a few laps. He was on standard cup suspension and sticky tyres on 15's and aside from a bit of rubbing and a lot of body roll the car went round Blyton very well and he had a lot of fun. As yours is stripped out and probably a decent bit lighter than standard I'd say cooksports will be more than sufficient for a few outings. I've run cooksports on my 182 for a couple of years and they felt much stiffer than cup springs on the road. If the shocks aren't leaking and return isn't lazy then I'd also keep them at least until I'd been on track with them. Waste of money if coilovers are the next big purchase.

I wanted to get a cage next (as part of the group buy) but I’ve been putting off my deposit partially because coilovers SHOULD be my next step.

I’ve got the springs here, so I’ll put them on, but I may end up selling them over the winter for the purchase of coilovers ??

It’s an out and out track car, with zero road use and I plan on using it a LOT when it’s finished.

Thanks all