ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing upstream lambda, any tips?

2004 182FF
Part arrived this morning, gonna do it this afternoon. I imagine its amazingly simple but if there's any little nuances or stuff that people know about, let me know!

b/g 182, meg tourer
as said, can be hard to get undone. if you struggle, soak it with wd-40, take it for a drive to get it hot, get some gloves on and try it then.

Mk5 golf gti
It can be a c**t to get out

oh and the harness clips onto the subframe and is on a slider thing

you'll see what i mean when you get to it, so that can be awkward too

ValverInBits
other methods, Get a blunt chisel and give the spanner hex (on the sensor) a really good tap from a couple of sides. If all else fails, grind away until you can get a socket on it.

2004 182FF
Mr muscles here had no problems.

Erm, the bosch replacement from northwest performance is meant to look different right?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 81
  2004 182FF
Guess it must be right. Silky smooth idle, running perfectly.

The connector's in a f**king fiddly spot!

Black Gold Trophy
If the new one is the one on the left, then it looks like your old one was a cheap replacement for the original

S'trollin on size 7s
quick question ,how did you know which one needed changing just out of interest. think one of mine is on its way out beacuase it keeps causing the EM light to come on. but they have 2 lambdas dont they!? n how much it cost ya

2004 182FF
quick question ,how did you know which one needed changing just out of interest. think one of mine is on its way out beacuase it keeps causing the EM light to come on. but they have 2 lambdas dont they!? n how much it cost ya

The one in front of the cat is linked into the ecu and alters the fuelling based on it's readings. The one after the cat is there just to check the emissions, ie, it has no effect on the running of the engine.

If you have no symptoms it's likely the rear one, however, it could be anything so rather than blindly spending money get a diagnostics test done. I had tell tale misfiring and stuff but still got it checked just to be sure.

A member on here did a clip diagnostics really cheap for me, so

£20 for clip, plus £60 for sensor and £9 for a nice 22mm spanner. I already had ramps and stuff.

£89, don't wanna know what a dealer would have charged!

S'trollin on size 7s
The one in front of the cat is linked into the ecu and alters the fuelling based on it's readings. The one after the cat is there just to check the emissions, ie, it has no effect on the running of the engine.

If you have no symptoms it's likely the rear one, however, it could be anything so rather than blindly spending money get a diagnostics test done. I had tell tale misfiring and stuff but still got it checked just to be sure.

A member on here did a clip diagnostics really cheap for me, so

£20 for clip, plus £60 for sensor and £9 for a nice 22mm spanner. I already had ramps and stuff.

£89, don't wanna know what a dealer would have charged!

yea ive had a diagnostics, it came back with fault code that linked to the Cat .crossed over to either Cat ,missfire or air leak ,left it with them and they said there was nothing wrong with the Cat it passed emmissions test n was in fine condition, same said for the exhaust itself, no airleaks and the car doesnt missfire ..apart from when cold. it was the garage that said they rekon it could be the lambda on it way out but they couldnt say unless they changed it but upto me, so just going to get a new one i rekon because they wiped the codes and the light has come back on again after about a week so.. figures. so chanes are its the one at the front of the cat by sounds of it.