ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chavs in other clios....

Alright guys, just want to voice my opinions on idiots in other clios that really give clios a bad name. Was just in Watford driving, a sliver dynamique with 4 chavs in pulls up beside me and right from the off he just wanted to race. I wasn't even interested and when the lights went green, I didn't even move. He blazes off, his mates are given it large, starting swearing and shaking his fist at me. I just thought what a bunch of nobs. Lol I did speed right past him shortly afterward but bit the urge to rub it in. The noise of my exhaust was enough punishment lol. To top it off, he had fog lights on as well when the night was as clear as anything. If you reading and were that guy in a silver clio in Watford, you really are a sadass!

haha typical watford mate what clio you go i hate that giving it all the bigones and again this fog light issue haha i mean arnt the roads light enuff

Megane Mk4
Know the feeling, theres a black 1.2 16v extreme that lives not far from me and he's always trying to taunt me to race him in mine ;)

Leave them to it, I've better things to spend money on than excess for an accident :)

The thing is lol I have a dynamique 2. Admittely its modified but I don't go round driving like I own the street and certainly got better things to do then to egg on other clio drivers let alone drivers in general.
Lol I guess for you 182 drivers, you have got it worse, everybodys wants a play.

Megane Mk4
so true, I even had a girlie racer in her 1 litre Corsa thinking that it'd be fun to try slipstreaming me last tuesday!! she got a shock when she realised while she was over taking that her car wasn't going fast enough to pull in on time :eek:
So I had to brake to let her in AND THEN got the finger from her because she must've thought I'd accelerated to keep her from pulling in!! :eek:

Some people eh ?? Typical Yorkshire mentality!! :S

Yeah there really is no need for the abuse but thats what happens when u give these pricks keys to a car. In this instance it just bothered me slightly as they really give 1.2 dynamique drivers a bad name as just don't give a shite about anyone else on the road!...

haha ive also had a few girl racers had one in a megan the other night flashed me but i couldnt go anywhere so she under took me giving it all the big ones till she realised there was traffic so i just clapped my hand s and said well done why do people do this ???i mean im not gonna hog the outside lane just cos im in a 182

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
there was a mk1 clio that turned up to bolney jap meet the other week with his sounds pumpin cap and jogging pants all present and correct.
He had Lacoste (people wot mate cack threads) up the side of his car.
My jap car owning mates pi55ed me off with that all day.

Clown Car
I was in the truck driving up the A34 through Walsall tuesday night, and waiting to turn right in front of me was a pimped up clio driven by a chav in a white shell suit wearing a burberry baseball cap.

Noooooo.

RenaultSport clio 18
haha i no what u mean i drive a 182 and every chav wants 2 try race me. i just have 2 put my foot down and leave them. i get 2 tempted to show them up.
they always try do it when the have a car full of girls aswell. then i just have 2 leave them standing........

172 Cup, Clio 197
l!ckeldev!l_2k1 said:
so true, I even had a girlie racer in her 1 litre Corsa thinking that it'd be fun to try slipstreaming me last tuesday!! she got a shock when she realised while she was over taking that her car wasn't going fast enough to pull in on time :eek:
So I had to brake to let her in AND THEN got the finger from her because she must've thought I'd accelerated to keep her from pulling in!! :eek:

Some people eh ?? Typical Yorkshire mentality!! :S

Thats a bit harsh, I'm a Yorkshire lad and I live down south, and drivers down here are a lot worse trust me! Seriously though, why do they do it? Why bother trying to race a car with twice the bhp!

Megane Mk4
/\/\ ... I aint picking on the yorkshire lot through choice matey...

I've lived in Bradford from birth, Skipton for 4 years and now I've lived (and still am) happy in Hebden Bridge for the last 7 years. So if anything I'm insulting my own ;)

It just seems that every young lad (most of the young lasses too) around here see a decent car and want to try and show it up. Prime example was this morning, A guy in a nice black Porsche 911 Turbo2 two cars in front of me. The lad behind him was in a heavily modded (and rusted falling apart too I might add) Nova SRi, He was pumping out his stereo and he was on the turbo's arse like fly to s**t. and wasn't going to be happy until he'd overtaken him...

That is.... Until the Turbo driver put his foot down :D ;)

Leon Cupra 300
I dont get why people in a 1.2 try and race a 182 its daft do they not know they are going to loose?!

i only pick races if i know i can win, simple...

172 Cup, Clio 197
I aint had anyone try yet, but then it's only been 3 weeks, time will tell! I've had a few people look and think about it though, you can generally tell when you see em through the rear view mirror! LOL

Ibiza Cupra TDI
kwingy1 said:
Lol I guess for you 182 drivers, you have got it worse, everybodys wants a play.

Yeah, happens alot, there is always sumthin sittin on ma tail or tryin to over take me.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
On the A5 between Telford and Penkridge is a good road, with a few no overtaking zones, and is NSA for the main. I was going down there one night to Penkridge at about 11 at night doing 60 or thereabouts...there was some prick with main beam on, and fogs...came right up my arse to the point that I couldn't see his number plate, and then overtook me and nearly took the nose off the car when he came in...I was so pissed off with him and his driving that I went right up his arse like he did to me, and then he dabbed his brakes to slow me down...if they can't take it, then why give it out? So to prove my point, I went a little over 60 (Cup drivers know what I mean) ;) and left him for dust, but the point was WHY DID HE DRIVE LIKE HE OWNED THE ROAD?

I'm not bigging up my driving or slating anyone else...but its people like him who make problems for other drivers of 1.2/1.4/1.6s because other drivers think that 'they' are all the same!!

**RANT OVER** ;)

J

jamesy

im going to get a pic when i get a chance there is a clio round my way a mk2 p2 1.2 on horrific street octane wheels its half black and half yellow with a massive universal backbox 4 pot brakes for some strange reason and an ugly bodykit with primer patches allover this is a bad image for clio owners everywhere he too is a chav:dapprove:

F/F Titanium 182
I have the perfect example, i was on a nice sunday drive round some B roads and i was behind a TVR Griffith (stunning) i was admiring it and loving the sound when a chap in a bmw 318i drove up my ass (i let him pass) and then drove up the TVR's ass for about 2 miles, then the TVR let him overtake, pure class. If you have nothing to prove why try?!

Golf R/Leon FR
you get them all the time wanting to race, i ignore them cant be arsed with chavs!!
there does seem to be more and more chavs in clios though!!

None
Theres some bellend at my work who drves a 1.2 16v Clio like a right t*at, over taking and going round traffic islands the wrong way and races everyone. One I got in front of him in my clio just after a dual carridgeway and some traffic lights, doing nothing wrong as thats how the road goes and he obviously couldnt take this and when we got to a busy straight road he thought it would an excellent idea to overtake 5 cars in a row, almost crashing into incoming traffic in the process. Feel sorry for other roadusers who have to put up with cr** like this. I hope one day he crashes not hurting anyone and coming to his senses. Stupid chavs!!!

172 Cup, Clio 197
^^^^well said^^^^^

theres a time and a place and if a t**t like smashes into my car whilst I've got my nipper in the car I'll take the hammer out of the boot to his knee caps!

silver cup packed FF 182
lastnite whilst out in my saxo vts i was driving home on a dual carriageway coming upto a roundabout,so went onto the roundabout then to look in my mirror to see another saxo hugging my rear bumper with his fogs on giving it the large one! so i carried on driving home normally just giving this saxo a little play but yet still continued to follow me for another 5miles then drives past me going another way to find this other saxo driver was in a 1.1i,why try and race a car which you know you aint basically going to ever pass!?! p*sses me rite off!

t0m

Megane 225 Turbo
Girls are as bigger pain in the ass as Chav blokes I've found. Someone in a done 'up' (That's debatable, "in" is a better word) Corsa pulled alongside me at the lights and I was thinking "What a nob" but he just gently pulled away and all his mates in the back did nothing, restores some hope I suppose.

Then to my amazement a group of girls in tiara's and silly hats came up right behind me in a 20 zone (I nearly opened the boot so they could get in) Then 'sped' past waving and blowing kisses out of the window. So when we hit the dual carriageway I accelerated to catch them (not hard even in my car) and at about 65 they were waving and dodging in and out of traffic so I decided I'd had enough. They then went round a roundabout ALL the way round to get behind me and started flashing.. their lights.

Was a bit strange really, for girls. Not that I minded.

RenaultSport clio 182 cup
I used to get the same in my Focus RS. I now have a 182 cup and dont get the problem as much. Every one saw it as a bullseye to try and race. From uno's, nova's and clios etc. I look inside the cars and they are all young inexperienced drivers who have not got a clue on how to drive fast. Oh yes, they all have music far too loud. If its callsed as music. Sounds more like some one banging a drum and nothing else, they have the bass turned up so much. (im no oldie as Im 26). They take risks to over take because they want to be in front. Why? They only catch up with the car in front and start over again!! If anyone trys to race me, I just let them get on with it. As I dont work to pay for the insurance excess!! Plus the fact I like my car as it is. No aerodynamic modifications from t**ts who drive to close to your bumper, if you know what I mean!!
Here is a message to all you chavs out there who think it is clever to race other drivers. Step into my shoes and do what I have to do and inform the loved ones of recently deceased people. That they were killed by a boy racer driving like an idiot. Could you look them in the eyes and tell them that it was you who are responsible for there loved one being killed by your idiotic and dangerous driving!!?? Well could you? I see alot of road accidents and children being run down,seriously hurt and killed as a result of driving dangerously and without due care and attention and it is not nice. If people saw what I have seen from chavs who race and the consequences when it goes wrong. They would not be so keen to drive fast in the future. I just hope no one on this forum has to experience it first hand. (sorry for getting on my high horse. but i just get so frustrated by all the idiots out there!)

Mk1 V6 Import
Why do you let it get to you? And you never did anything like this when you were younger? I know i did....
Sit there and let them go....big deal.....you have a better car albeit that it looks pretty much the same and could be classed as a boy racer car...

Astra SRi T
id never try to race a 172/182 in my 1.2, cause obvisously - i aint got no hope lol! ive got a 1.2 for the cheap tax, insurance etc.. funny when ur driving behind a lad in a 1.0l corsa trying to race a 2.5l bmw makes me laugh .

kwingy1 said:
Alright guys, just want to voice my opinions on idiots in other clios that really give clios a bad name. Was just in Watford driving, a sliver dynamique with 4 chavs in pulls up beside me and right from the off he just wanted to race. I wasn't even interested and when the lights went green, I didn't even move. He blazes off, his mates are given it large, starting swearing and shaking his fist at me. I just thought what a bunch of nobs. Lol I did speed right past him shortly afterward but bit the urge to rub it in. The noise of my exhaust was enough punishment lol. To top it off, he had fog lights on as well when the night was as clear as anything. If you reading and were that guy in a silver clio in Watford, you really are a sadass!

think i've seen this car abut before. him and his mates thinks they're david beckham. have u seen it recently mate?

UR 197, AB 182 FF
kwingy1 said:

Where the hell was this!

I had some right c**k pull in front of me on the rickmansworth road not long ago and then started giving me the finger and driving like a prat nas if I had done something wrong to him!

Can't say that anybody wants to race my DCI, but admitedly a couple of shitty cars full of people that have tried have failed miserably

Black/Gold 182
you know the best thing to do, go into a costume shop and buy and coppers helmet. Then we you get hassled, wind the window down and wave the helmet out of the window. They should leave you alone.

Clio 172 mk2
Davey_182 said:
I have the perfect example, i was on a nice sunday drive round some B roads and i was behind a TVR Griffith (stunning) i was admiring it and loving the sound when a chap in a bmw 318i drove up my ass (i let him pass) and then drove up the TVR's ass for about 2 miles, then the TVR let him overtake, pure class. If you have nothing to prove why try?!

If I see people doing that I always give them a dose of their own medicine....get up f**king close and get those headlights on full beam.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I even have other divvys wanting to race me when my son is in the car! What flippin planet are they from?:S

at traffic lights other day mindin me own business, lights changed, foot down and car naturally glides past the Passat DCI sitting next to me at lights.

Next minute, his foot went down and he screamed passed me and cut me up. a*se

I was like..........what was that all about?
He didnt want a girl with a kid burning him off now, did he! saddo!:rasp: