ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap aux belt kit on ebay!

Fabia vRS
I've just found this aux belt kit on ebay at a significantly reduced price - only £79 free P&P.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item19b9b410fb

The only major difference with this kit is that they haven't supplied a new aluminum arm for the tensioner unit, only a new roller. This I guess has significantly reduced the price by over £50. My question is - Is it therefore necessary to replace the aluminum arm on the tensioner? If not then why do Renault supply it with the roller as a complete single part? My guess is that the roller will take the brunt of the wear, not the aluminium arm.

I've just bought a new aux belt kit with replacement arm at the full £130 price. I'll be a little p*ssed off if I could have saved myself £50 :mad: !!!!

Cheers in advance

ph1 black 172
who know but i got a kit about 3 weeks ago. seem good quality and 12 warrenty,

but think i will great a new renault genuine belt as i have no idea who makes the belt in this kit( the seller doesnt say(its there in house kit)

anyway still cheap if you have a noisy lower roller like me.....

Lionel Richie
leave it with me, but i reckon for not much more money i can supply the full kit

Last edited:
  ITB'd MK1
i've seen one of these, nothing wrong with the bits, but i have a slight issue with the main arm not being there as i've seen a lot of them seized recently, and a load of them shatter when you try to de-tension them