ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Clutches for Valver

Williams 3
Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me where to buy a cheap but reasonable quality clutch?

How much should I expect to pay for one - is £50 cheap?

And if I have had a clutch cable fitted 6 months ago, is it also worth changing this aswell (heard somewhere to change them both together)?

Thanx

Lizzy

Williams 3
Ahh lovely! Thanx 4 that.

What difference does it make by not using a non-genuine clutch cable (don'tthink mine is)?

Williams 3
I see, so will get a genuine one on when I change the clutch.

Just another quick one - how much is a genuine cable?

And would buying a fairly cheapo clutch - think make is 'National' be okay at around £50?

Lionel Richie
no ALWAYS use genuine renaut parts

Valeo is the make of clutch you want, it'll pay for itself in the long run

Genuine cable are about £22 (thats the price for a Williams one which is the same realy).
Genuine clucthes are £80 though and after my experiance with aftermarket "stronger" clutches I can say that the stock one is just as if not stronger easier to use and a better quality. My cars got ~180hp and its no problems even with track work on the clutch.

Standard clutch is the way and standard cable too. Genuine Renault.

Ok, if you're running 300BHP then maybe, but the standard clutch is fine. Feels so nice too when they new.. performance clutches tend to be very snappy.