ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Desktop Computer required...

Not a 320d
After a cheap desktop computer for me mam.

£300-400 give or take.

Needs to be able to send emails but at the same time she will use it for the might hard task of writing word documents. :eek:

I would like to think I could find an Intel i3 based system for that, something which will actually load stuff pretty quick.

Acer seem expensive for what they offer. Dell are good but a smaller, more compact desktop would be useful. Dell did some earlier this year which my grandparents bought and its awesome but they seem to have stopped doing them now.

After some ideas to consider so please chuck them about.

I have an old 80GB raptor hard drive so might bang that in for the write speeds.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Easy get a decent one for that cash... get on Scan.co.uk

I take it Base unit, Keyboard, mouse and monitor?

Not a 320d
Just the tower sorry.

Got all the other bits so I can give her my spare stuff.

Ill check Scan out ta. Looking at HP now

Cheers all

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Whip out the i5 and bob in an i3 - 1TB down to a 500GB or SSD and you're giggling. £350-£400 with W7 Home 64Bit easily in reach.

I've spent a small fortune with them in the last 4 months... but worth every penny.

Clio 182
Check if Lenovo have any deals on, sometime have some great cash back offers and normally come with 3 years warranty.

Mkll Ph1
Just build one. Much cheaper than a ready made tower even taking int he cost of getting someone else to build it. mine was £480 and i have an i5 with 16GB of RAM so no need to upgrade for a while.

Polo + Micra
just spend £100 on a old dell optiplex off ebay with a high end C2D cpu

i just spent £58 on one plus an upgrade cpu (2.93Ghz C2D)for my mum to replace my old pc (removed the RAM to give the new one a boost)

running ubuntu 13.04 and it runs like a dream

i was thinking something like this

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as above less than £100 for an OptiPlex with a core2duo and stick 2gb of ram in it that's what ive been doing recently for people looking for systems works out much cheaper than building with current new budget kit

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
Ebuyer zoostorm? The old an brought an i5 for £300 odd quid and i'm suprisingly impressed with it!

After a cheap desktop computer for me mam.

£300-400 give or take.

Needs to be able to send emails but at the same time she will use it for the might hard task of writing word documents. :eek:

I would like to think I could find an Intel i3 based system for that, something which will actually load stuff pretty quick.

Acer seem expensive for what they offer. Dell are good but a smaller, more compact desktop would be useful. Dell did some earlier this year which my grandparents bought and its awesome but they seem to have stopped doing them now.

After some ideas to consider so please chuck them about.

I have an old 80GB raptor hard drive so might bang that in for the write speeds.

For your price range you could have a decent computer build yourself .

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I reccomend Ebuyer for price and service, great company.

I bought a GFX Card off them along with a few other things, the totally wrong one came, took 3 weeks to get the one I ordered through as they wouldn't send it till I posted the wrong one back. They then wouldn't refund me the postage for their screw up.

Made several complaints and calls and they didn't honour it. Bunch of cowboys I'[ll never use again.

I bought a GFX Card off them along with a few other things, the totally wrong one came, took 3 weeks to get the one I ordered through as they wouldn't send it till I posted the wrong one back. They then wouldn't refund me the postage for their screw up.

Made several complaints and calls and they didn't honour it. Bunch of cowboys I'[ll never use again.

They're a brilliant company, you've just had a bad experience with them.

We use them pretty much every week.