ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Effective Styling

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Hi!

I have a 99 Black 1.2 8v RN. Being 18 and in college means that I cant afford any major upgrades. At some point ill lower it and replace the steelys with some 16" alloys. Untill then what can I do on the inside to break free from the sea of grey? Ive fitted an induction kit, so it sounds sporty but when you slip into the cabin your just overwhelmed with... ... grey.

So What can I do? I make £30 a week and that allso pays for petrol, gives you an idea of what ive got to work with,

Thanks! :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

some plastic primer and some car paint choose any colour and if its metalic get some laquer and spray away .....

aluminium gear nob/gear lever surround/hand brake

alloy tax disc holder? alu door sill protectors? alloy door pins? alloy gear pedals? brushed alu door handles......other bits of trim etc.

A well built VW
  1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

okay then, so its seems anything aluminium is a must.

Also when spraying the plastic surrounds, what colour do you think? Needs to go with Black, Aluminium and grey, all I can think of is Purple...

not sure about sprayin the interior m8, u dont want it to flake off (shouldnt do if u do it properly), but its time consuming and means takin ur whole interior appart - up to u on that one. Personally id get some turtle wax dash shine up, makes the grey darker, and shinner - really nice. And if u can, try and get hold of some 16v black carpet, replace ur grey carpet. Will be easier to get that fitted i expect than to paint ur interior.

Also get the other bits mentioned - black matts, gear know, door pins, steerer wheel, pedals, etc, but they all add up :)

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Hmmm, not too much of a fan of flashing door pins. I also think the Silver door handels will look out of place on the side of my black Clio. So im gunna go with Pedals, mats, Handbrake, gearstick and maybe steering wheel.

But... Ive noticed another thread in this section about changeing the colour of the lights behind the dash. Is its possible to change not only the Rev, Speedo, Temp and Fuel Blubs, but also those for the heating controls on the center console?

I have no problem in taking the dash off as its easy and ive done it before to look at the tweeters, so..?

Its a Mk2 Ph1 Black 1.2 RN

Thanks!