ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap insurance for young drivers

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Can anyone recommend an insurance company for 18 year olds.. Obviously not for me, I'm 21 ;)

Admiral multicar was the best my father found for me at 17. I can't help if it's just a single vehicle policy.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I was doing insurance quotes for my dads mates daugher... Looking at minimum 2k on a seat ibiza 1.2

Range Rover Sport
Last week I was trying to get my brother insured on our 172 'track' car but him being 20 no one could help.

Think we may wait until Feb when he's 21 and go with the cheapest available...

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'd avoid the admiral group. The sneaky b******s are defaulting their quotes to have the black boxes in.

They will be cheapest, but if you hear them mention the box I'd hang up

Aviva came in and offered me £1200 for my 1.2. The lowest i got on a multiquote comparison site was £2000+ so i was happy haha! Although they have now said they will decline any further modifications to my car so thats abit of a bummer :(

BPY

16v 1.2
I'm 18, just got my 1.2 insured for 1050 - no box, with breakdown and windscreen cover from admiral. Go through confused.com, put both parents as named drivers and put the policy start date as 25 days ahead. Call them up with the quote and they will open the policy the same day although the start date is supposed to be in the future. That was the cheapest I could get