ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Trophy

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
500 were made and 130 were sent out to Europe. Really? I know 50 went to the Swiss market, but that was an additional 50. First time I've ever heard of a hundred UK cars going to the continent, or further.

What a massive douchebag.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an idiot!!

Another one of those I cba to spend any money on it "With less than £200 spent on this car it will be MINT, "

So f**cking get it mint then!!

and there's a pic with him in it :dead:

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont really see the massive problem with the advert. Yes, he has embellished but there are plenty of mugs out there who will fall for this. The car doesnt look all that bad to me!

If its less than 3k must be worth a punt - surely?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is there reserve less than 3k though? Do you want to buy a car from a fully fledged r****d?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  E92 M3
Dear t1ny03,

yeah that bid is mine to see what the reserve was.

also its done 140k and the dampers haven't been refurbed which is another £500.

- rrfierce

To: rrfierce
Subject: Re: rrfierce has sent a message
Sent Date: 10-Apr-14 13:50:34 BST

Dear rrfierce,

okay buddy well its at 1500 now and I put it on about 11-1130 pm lastnight started at $3.21 so I think I will just wait and see. others are going for around 4-6k mate :)

- t1ny03

To: t1ny03
Sent Date: 10-Apr-14 13:48:25 BST

Dear t1ny03,

I'm in manchester next weekend.

I'll offer £1500.

- rrfierce

To: rrfierce
Sent Date: 10-Apr-14 13:46:37 BST

Dear rrfierce,

no mate, not since I've had her and don't have any paperwork saying so beforehand.

To be honest mate I don't. . I'm willing to accept cash offers though as it's not insured so need it gone and don't want paypal / ebay involved if I can help it.

are you local to manchester?

- t1ny03

To: t1ny03
Sent Date: 10-Apr-14 13:41:13 BST

Dear t1ny03,

Have the dampers been refurbed?

Do you a figure in mind to end the auction?

- rrfierce

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh dear Oh dear! Even if it goes for 2k he won't sell it, that's what they do.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio Trophy
it was up for sale in Nov for £3200, with 140k on the clock, so its done no miles for the last 5 months

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It had the cambelt, auxbelt, waterpump, dephaser and a service plus a few other bits last year he has said at the cost of £850. Other than that a mate of a mate of a mate of lad he knows he has done self services nothing to prove it though.

If he has a receipt to prove it all it could be worth adding to your watch list. Drive it till it breaks then break it for parts and make a profit.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Subaru, arctic 182FF
why does everybody want to break all these great little clios.
I know there is money to be made and a trophy isnt the most amazing car in the world, But its a bloody good little car and so few were made they should be protected like an endagered species :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
People break them because they are worth more money that way. Think that's pretty simple, no?

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why does everybody want to break all these great little clios.
I know there is money to be made and a trophy isnt the most amazing car in the world, But its a bloody good little car and so few were made they should be protected like an endagered species :)
As Gally says, a Trophy is worth more in parts than it is as a whole, that's simple economics.

As for protecting them like an endangered species, you'll find they already are. A small percentage of these cars have considerably low mileage and are cherished by their owners with no expense spared at retaining OEM look & feel. Good for them, if and when they ever decide to sell they'll probably make a good return, meanwhile for every other Trophy that gets broken or chavved to the extreme it just makes mine worth that little bit more.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As Gally says, a Trophy is worth more in parts than it is as a whole, that's simple economics.

As for protecting them like an endangered species, you'll find they already are. A small percentage of these cars have considerably low mileage and are cherished by their owners with no expense spared at retaining OEM look & feel. Good for them, if and when they ever decide to sell they'll probably make a good return, meanwhile for every other Trophy that gets broken or chavved to the extreme it just makes mine worth that little bit more.

But...but.... Yours is chavvy? :p