ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap underwater/waterproof camera

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My mrs has decided she wants a camera she can take in the sea when we go to Babados. Nothing special and only really needs to be able to be used when snorkeling. Anyone got any suggestions around the £60 mark?

I was looking at something like this -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004MMF7MS/?tag=cliospnet01-21

It has some good and some bad reviews. Im gussing it'd be fine? To be honest she'd be happy with a disposible but she wants to pay for a digi for some reason...

"Navy" N17 TWO
I might be selling my Olympus Tough 8000

Great wee camera but I hardly use it, if it's of any interest to you drop me a line

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
There are underwater camerabags if you're looking for a really cheap option.

camera-bag.jpg
waterproof-camera-case-2.jpg

2001 Clio 172
My mrs had one of these until last week, took it to Portugal for underwater photo's. Apparently it's a good camera for the use. Battery compartment has a seal on it to stop water getting in. I'd say a good novelty item for the price. Worth it if you're going to use it more than once.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Don't really know mate as i've never used one, i'd be happier sticking a point and press in one than a £2k piece of kit.

But as Tom said his Mrs wanted to take shots under water, i'm assuming she has a point and press rather than a pro kit.

Last edited: