ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tiger sealing exhaust mounts

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Ive got some new exhaust mounts on the way and want to try to make them last a little longer.
Is this the stuff to use to fill them with:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002SQY852/?tag=cliospnet01-21
71wbJuTlIqL._SL1500_.jpg

Also for people that have done this :
-how long does it take to dry? is drying time quicker of you layer it up rather than filling it in one go.
-do you use masking tape or cling film on the rear to stop the tiger seal leaking out when filling.

I did it on mine, fairly sure there's a photo in my progress thread

I did it all in one go, then attempted to smooth it down to make it look more appealing, wasn't the easiest as the bloody stuff just stuck to it lol

But at the end of the day who's gonna see it anyway!!

Reactions: Gus

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thats the stuff Gus.

Take the mount and stuff a bit of copper pipe, rolled up car, old socket, anything to wedge in the lower triangle of the mount to stop it sagging. Then slap loads of the stuff on and in the mount both sides. It will be hard in a few hours but id leave it overnight to fully harden up.

Wear some gloves as it gets messy!

I did mine a good 18 months ago and its still perfect now! It turns into hard rubber which means its not fully solid which is good.

Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Thanks guys - love the little tip about putting something under the hole to stop sagging. Wouldnt have known about that !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
This is how I did mine and they're still going strong after 18 months or so .First of all I cable tied the rubber to the metal exhaust bracket , as they can come away after time . Then I filled it with this Everbuild silicone sealant .
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141186068477?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=440253514064&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
It sets like firm like rubber but remains pretty flexible . I also drilled 3 x10mm holes through the selant after it had set , 1 either side and 1 at the bottom so It wasn't too rigid .
DSC_0571.jpg

Clio 182
Ive had the powerflex mounts on my exhaust for over a year now, still perfect. Well worth doing