ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cheap v6’s

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

i always keep an eye on http://www.autotrader.co.ukwww.autotrader.co.uk to check prices of certain models and i must admit the old mk v6s are gettnig pretty cheap.

a couple of early models up for just below £14000.

these are very tempting.. shame the mk2 is still soo expensive, but thats the way itll stasy for a few years...

anyone tempted by a mk1 at these prices?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

i thought i may buy one and put it backwards into a hedge....

3.0ltr V6

Lol @ seb. Im selling mine at the moment if anyones interested. Im looking at the MK2 aswell but having to part with a fair bit to exchange. Contact me if interested........

Im very tempted but Id only go for a RHD model and there ~£14k. And Im not sure its worth (or I want to spend) that sort of money on one, particularly with the other costs associated with me driving one.

3.0ltr V6

Hey eddy, they really dont cost that much to run on a day to day basis. I run mine all week and dont have massive costs with driving it. You can have mine for less than 14K...;)

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey on 27 February 2005

Hey eddy, they really dont cost that much to run on a day to day basis. I run mine all week and dont have massive costs with driving it. You can have mine for less than 14K...;)
The problem I think Id have with running cost is I do 20k/yr. I go though a set of front tyres ever 12k on my 65hp dci so rear tyres would last me probably 8k on a V6 and at what £200 thats going to be an expensive car to run. Also Id end up paying an extra £100 a month probably on fuel.

How about £4k and my last Rolo?

Well youre talking about £280 a month on fuel (on 20k miles and 23mpg)

Tyres will be around £700 per year, total for tyres and fuel of £338 per month on 20k miles I reckon.

thats based on my V6 255 Mk2 though, should be about the same though?

Simon

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey on 27 February 2005

Lol @ seb. Im selling mine at the moment if anyones interested. Im looking at the MK2 aswell but having to part with a fair bit to exchange. Contact me if interested........
i may have what you looking for .. mkII blue 14kmiles spare set of rear alloys with tyres .. private plate included for right price !!

What would you be upgrading to? the only thing i can think of thats better is maybe a saturn 5 rocket? you really have a big enough garage for that?

accord type R .. its a family thing .. wont have the singing V6 behind me .. more of a 2.2 litre 8700 rpm of VTEC in front !!.. thats aint bad for a family motor--- fuk scoobies

3.0ltr V6

Thanks Vee6 but 14K miles is way too many for me. My car is the MK1 and thats only done 19K. Ive got a cracking deal I think for a MK2 thats done 3K miles. Just need to part with mine. :confused:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

cheers for the pm bailey.. yours does sound like a treat but to be honest i wasnt looking to buy so quickly... sorry. good luck though.

3.0ltr V6

No worries seb. I wasnt looking to sell so quickly if I hadnt got the chance of this Mk2. If your still interested though keep me posted as I still have to try and ask this guy to hang on to his MK2 for me.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

^^^^^^^^no probs... if there is an east anglian meet it would be cool to check your motor out.

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 28 February 2005

Im tempted by a mark 1 v6 but not sure if I could take the performance drop.

lol....well you could always "tune" it, like you must have done to your car?;)

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 01 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 28 February 2005

Im tempted by a mark 1 v6 but not sure if I could take the performance drop.

lol....well you could always "tune" it, like you must have done to your car?;)

Simon.
must ave tuned it .. no way on this planet it would get anywhere near 14.2 @100 mph std .. unless it was at crail of course ..lol

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey on 28 February 2005

Thanks Vee6 but 14K miles is way too many for me. My car is the MK1 and thats only done 19K. Ive got a cracking deal I think for a MK2 thats done 3K miles. Just need to part with mine. :confused:
good luck with buyin a low miler like that and all the potential problems that come with them .. i dont know any v6 on here that has got away scott free , at least all my problems are now sorted in the run in period.

And of course you dont want to be havin to have your vehicle towed by anyone again do you !!!;)

Talking of cheap V6s, has any one seen that Mk1 V6 (left hooker) going for £11995 on the pistonheads car ads section :eek:

E91 M Sport

Thats a good point vee6 has made. Loads of V6s on autotrader appear to have seriously low mileages.....and that means theyve spent the majority of their 3/4 year lives sitting around - not good!

What you want is a car thats not been around the world 5 times, but also hasnt sat in someones forecourt / driveway having plently of time to seize up. At least with high mileages you only have to replace what is worn out due to being used (and therefore designed to be replaced). If all youre worried about is stone-chips though, a low-mileage used car should be fine!;)

3.0ltr V6

Where abouts are you seb? I can always do a drive by if there are no East Anglian meets happening. Im going into town today for petrol if you spot me, lol. Car needs a wash though now as it pis*ed with rain this morning! :confused:

3.0ltr V6

What you want is a car thats not been around the world 5 times, but also hasnt sat in someones forecourt / driveway having plently of time to seize up. At least with high mileages you only have to replace what is worn out due to being used (and therefore designed to be replaced). If all youre worried about is stone-chips though, a low-mileage used car should be fine!;)

Quite agree with you mike but I think mine is exactly that. Its a 52 plate done 19.5k miles and is used everyday and has been for the last year. Apart from the coil going last week, its had no problems. Its done low mileage but not too low like you say so its a cracking buy for anyone, lol, promoting again. The MK2 I have my eye on is a 54 plate so its brand new with low mileage thats why. Its not been sitting there stagnant so to speak. ;)

BLOCKQUOTE] I go though a set of front tyres ever 12k on my 65hp dci so
[/QUOTE]

bloody helll!!!! im on 23.5k so far and the conti tyres are in brilliant nick!!!!!

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey on 01 March 2005

Quite agree with you mike but I think mine is exactly that. Its a 52 plate done 19.5k miles and is used everyday and has been for the last year. Apart from the coil going last week, its had no problems. Its done low mileage but not too low like you say so its a cracking buy for anyone, lol, promoting again. The MK2 I have my eye on is a 54 plate so its brand new with low mileage thats why. Its not been sitting there stagnant so to speak. ;)
Very well said! ;) Sounds like a perfect example.

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey on 01 March 2005

I can always do a drive by if there are no East Anglian meets happening.
Bit dramatic, surely you could just express your anger in other ways? ;)