ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheaper Insurance

Time has come to insure my Clio and since having the wheels, suspension and exhaust done my insurers dont want to know...

So after spending all day today ringing round and getting more and more disappointed I got fairly decent quotes from Adrian Flux, CIA and Torque Direct.

I know its been asked millions of times before but could people please give me the names and if possible contact details of anyone wholl give me a good deal, considering I have no NCB and Im 19.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Andi

Skoda Fabia vRS

NO NO NO

Tesco are crap for young drivers

if i had any money id put it on you getting the cheapest quote out of ANYONE off these guys

Liverpool Victoria - www.liverpool-victoria.co.uk

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

i am 21 with 2 years ncb and 3 spd points, tesco will insure me on a brand new 172 fully comp for £1400, liverpool victoria didnt want to know, wouldnt even quote me

Silver Fabia vRS

I use Tesco and have since I owned my first car at 19 and they are always the cheapest, even with mods.

Im 22, 3 years NCB, MK postcode with a modded 172 and it costs me about £1300 Fully Comp.

Ford Fiesta

yep tesco seem to be cheapest for me too, just doing quotes to know what to expect next year. £680 fully comp will be 3 years no claims and Im 19 will be 20 by then.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Well I am going to be different and suggest that you try the CIS as they seem to take on young drivers.

Try www.cis.co.uk
Good Luck

have you tried privilege? im 26 but has used them since I was 20 and always got a good deal!! Just tried that liverpool victoria one, im 26 with 6 years no claims and they reckon between 445 and 590!! kisss my ass! hehe

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

im not 100% sure what is classed as a high risk area, but im pretty sure where i live is a low crime area, i think it is more to do with the fact that i am male, 21, have 3 speeding points and want to drive a group 16 car.

GR7

Shiny red R32

I didnt realise that you already have three points Gaz! Therefore it looks as though you are the risk, rather than the area you live in!

Group 16? What Clio do you have?

Wow... thanks guys (and girls) for the massive response. From elsewhere Ive been told pretty much the same thing; Tesco, C.I.S and Liverpool Victoria (who Ive never heard of) are the ones to go for. CIS gave me my best quote so far but Torque Direct beat it by a few quid so Ill see what CIS say. But Adrian Flux (more £s) chucked in free breakdown cover (AA or RAC, cant remember). Ill get on the phone on Monday and see what I can get.

Does this Liverpool Victoria specialize in Modded or young drivers?

Also, does anyone know anything about Student Insurance? Ie Endsleigh, they reckno they could knock 30% off if Im an NUS member... but that might be rubbish.

Thankyou!!!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

ive got a heavily modified 1.2 at the moment, but that is for sale next week and i am ordering a 172 MK2 (Group 16).

GR7

Shiny red R32

That is quite a jump from a 1.2 to a 172! Group 16, male, aged 19, 3 points, no NCD, no wonder it is expensive for you Gaz!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

21, male, 2 yrs ncb, 3 points sp30, on a brand new 172 (group 16) and tesco will insure me fully comp for £1450, if i crash it, they will provide me with a brand new car instead of repairing it, and the windscreen cover is £1000, and the voluntary excess is only £325. The best to come close to a quote like that was around £2,500 (elephant), and some even managed to quote £4,300 with £1500 excess.

Ford Fiesta

gaz did you have to phone them fopr that quote or did it go thru on their website?
im 19 2 years no claims no points (yet) and would be interested in a quote under £1500 for a 172.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

if you go on the tesco website it is very accurate, the quote i got on the website was exactly the same as i got when i phoned them up, i couldnt believe that it was correct, so i phoned them to make sure, as the liverpool victoria website quoted me something like £1500-£2000, but when i phoned them they didnt want to know, and they said there is no way they would insure me on the 172. I double checked everything on the phone with tesco and even told them that i thought the quote was cheap and no-one else came close to it, and they still said that is was £1450 and there was no catch.

Yes!!! Rang Liverpool Victoria and they beat the nearest 3PFT quote by over £200 (for a fully comp policy!) and the nearest fully comp by £500!!! So I now have fully comp insurance, something I thought I would have till I was 30! I am unbelievable chuffed, thanks to everyone for their advice...

Andi

Speaking in pounds and pence, this is how it goes...

Tesco : £1462.50
Adrian Flux : £1342
Performance Direct: £1322 (FC)
CIA/S: £1195
Torque Direct: £1150

Liverpool Victoria... £835.97 Fully Comp!

Woohoo!