ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cheaper running costs

Yeah but invisage this !! You are low on LPG miles away from home and have no idea where the next LPG station is !! Its just not sensible until there are more filling stations !!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

I read recently that the governments re-assessing the differential between duty on LPG compared to petrol/diesel...with a plan to hike up the duty on LPG now that more people are using it. Something to do with the reduction in duty (compared to petrol) being disproportionate to the reduction in emissions if I remember right.

So, if thats right, LPG isnt going to be anywhere near as attractive in the future as it is at the moment.

No idea on the performance question though...

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Dual fuel cars surely as there name suggests means you can use both petrol and lpg. I think you get a slight drop in performance but the mpg is simliar, so at around half the price per litre youd cut your fuel bill in half and itd pay for itself within two years max.

Thing that puts me off though is youd have less boot space as you need another fuel tank put in there. Plus, I dont really think Ill be keeping the car long enough to really benefit the fuel saving. Itd be fair enough if I was gonna keep it 5/6 years or do 20-30k miles a year.

These sort of cars also are exempt from Congestion Charging too, which is stupid as they still create congestion.

you can flick between petrol or the gas, so running out isnt too much of a worry. there is a slight drop in performance at high revs.

isnt it typical though that the government want to cash in on it now as more people get into it!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by cliosportcraig on 09 February 2004

Yeah but invisage this !! You are low on LPG miles away from home and have no idea where the next LPG station is !! Its just not sensible until there are more filling stations !!
the system is switchable between lpg and petrol.an engine has to be started on petrol and can only be switched to lpg once it has started to warm up.it can be switched back to petrol at any time.