ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest can do NOS on the 172 for

I want to fit NOS and increase BHP by 100.

Whats the absolute cheapest I could get a wet system for and is there anyone one here that would be competent to fit it for a small fee??

Cheers,

Simon

If you want 100bhp extra it aint ever gonna be really cheap as youll need it seting up correctly and you WILL need a progressive controler. Other than that I cant really see a way of getting a cheaper kit thats high quality than buying the Streetblaster 100i from Highpower Systems.

Cheers, Simon.

BMW 320d Sport

is that you Wattsy? If so Ill try and sort something out at Nitrous Solutions for you. You definitely need a progressive controller though if you want 100 hp. Youve got to budget for a grand though mate.

Cheap for the amount of power youll get though, itll be uncontrollable!!!

Yeh its me Nick. I guess I will have to have the progressive controller to stop my clutch burning out then?

How would I have it setup nick for the nos to come in then? For instance im driving along the A127 then decide I want to give it some from standstill of the lights what would the procedure be with the NOS coming in?

Simon,

50 would be cheaper than 100 as you could get away with not having a progressive controler.

To use the NOS you simply have an arm switch mounted somewhere on you dash, when you turn it on it arms the NOS system, then you have a throttle activated microswitch so the the NOS only comes on when your at wide iopen throttle. Its basically like driving an auto with kickdown, although you shouldnt use it at low rpm, but the lower the rpm you use it at the more youll notice it as the torque increse will be greater.

Cheers, Simon.

BMW 320d Sport

Simons pretty much explained it. The system itself will cost the same whatever jets you run, but you can run it as a single hit system on 50 jets, exactly the same as I had at first, last year.

Its good fun but ultimately, gets to be a hassle having to watch the revs and not flick the switch until youre at 4 grand, plus youll end up wanting more power. Now Im running the 100s and progressive controller there is no way on earth I would go back to the single shot system. The full works is much safer for your car, you can use it even in 1st gear, off the lights or when youre already rolling. Basically its the system I had working when I easily kept up with the RB5 through Southend.

Depends how youre fixed for money but you could do what I did - get a basic single shot 50 hp system plumbed in, then later on rip out the wiring and hook up a controller. Ill help you out with the controller rewiring mate, as long as you dont mind getting the dash and scuttle panel off first, cos that is one job I hate.

So how does this progressive controller work?. And how is the NOS activated?. What I mean is it activated at WOT and then the progressive controller will sort out the rest?.

Chun.

When you get to WOT the Progressive Controler starts delivering the N2O/Fuel according to what settings youve put in.

The Progressive controler works buy pulsing the N2O/Fuel solenoids on and off to give a progressive delivery of power. You can program start power, full power, build-up time, delay(so you can get moving before it kicks in), N2O/Fuel ratio +or-10%, and on the newer digital units you can simulate rpm linked build-up and change the start power in each gear, eg. 20% in 1st, 30% in 2nd, 40% in 3rd and so on.

Cheers, Simon.