ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest place to buy Paint!

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
Hey guys,
Anyone know where i can get black pearlescent paint for a good price? How much do you reckon i will need for a whole car respray? 3L?? THanks:D

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
yea water based please.. How much tin of paint do you think i require as well for a full respray? cheers mate..

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
are you paintin it all the same colour ?
if so depends on damage, or if its all been sanded down and everypanel fully repainted you will probs need 2litre ish to get a good over on it .

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
yea cause someone keyed it so i am going for a full respray.. so 2litres should be fine? so would it make any differenc if the primer was s**t?

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
well m not doing it.. its a guy i know who does it.. but i wanted to get the good paint cause the shitty ones wont look nice hence why m not going for any aersol. ok cheers.. i will.. so would i need arounf 5L of primer, basecoat and primer each then?

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
no way near that mate a litre of primer max , you will have alot left over from this . as you only prime damaged parts or were filler had been used or heavy grades of sanding paper . for paint 2litre will do it easily , and for lacquer probs be around maby 2.5 litre for a good few wet coats . get him to fully flat it all so lacquer is totally smooth , ie no runs , orange peel or dry spots . then get him to machine polish it all . if he does this it should look better than the dayit rolled out of the factory . it may be worth refurbing ur wheels if they need it . it will give the whole car a very new fresh look .

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
hmmm thanks alot mate.. really helped.. last thing.. what do you mean by fully flat it? :D

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
hmmm thanks alot mate.. really helped.. last thing.. what do you mean by fully flat it? :D
when a car is painted/laquered the surface although it looks smooth isnt 100% so you very lightly sand it down . so that its like glass then polish up gives it alot deeper shine and looks a 100times better . if you look on you car close up your bound to find some areas were paint is slightly wavy , just gets rid of that thats all .