ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapish Video Camera???

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Based on what I've got and what I paid for it that looks like quite a good buy.

I've been thinking about one of these memory card cams for a while now, still cant decide if I should make the change.

SchwepTek™
Well i have done loads of research tonight.

Best ones for £200 budget seem to be the Panasonic S7 and Toshiba H10. Sanyo HD2 is meant to be good too but a little out of my price range.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Always had sony camcorders, been great!

DV isnt difficult to edit, slightly slower than HD ones but not bad for the price difference!

Recently bought a Sony HC-51E brand new with 12 month warranty for £65 from ebay!

SchwepTek™
Always had sony camcorders, been great!

DV isnt difficult to edit, slightly slower than HD ones but not bad for the price difference!

Recently bought a Sony HC-51E brand new with 12 month warranty for £65 from ebay!

They look good!

Link to £65? lol

Also, how do you edit DV video on a pc?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
You can use windows media player, or I find Adobe Premiere Elements is the best!

With editing it, you have full control on the PC via firewire, and it rewinds/fast forwards the DV tape as instructed. The only thing thats a bit slower is when you are moving back or forward it takes a couple of seconds to stop, then play the tape.

Doesnt look like the same guy is sellin any at the mo, they were an auction from 1p start like. Few others on though!

http://photography.shop.ebay.co.uk/...rksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em282?_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

SchwepTek™
Ahh ok cool.

So would i be better off with one of these or the panasonic s7.

The panasonic records to SD.

SchwepTek™
Now looking at getting the Sony SR35 with 30gb hard drive.

Anyone else used one of these and know if it works with macs?