ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

checked out my 182 today

Just been to the dealers to drop off my insurance and my 182 was there ready for collection on Monday. It looks great in artic blue even though it hasnt been valeted yet. All the bits seem to be present apart from the tyre foam which they will try to get for monday. After reading some of the posts about the foam ill probably buy a pump instead but if ive paid for it I want it.

Is everything easy to understand from the manual as im picking up the car from my Subaru dealer and he wont know any more about the car than i do?

Im getting Clifford Blackjax fitted on Tues and was going to fit 17" OZ Super Ts but now im not sure(no job at present).

I will post some pics next week

Pete

The car was ordered while I was still working and I am more in between jobs than unemployed, plus I had a Subaru to trade in.

How do you find the ride with 17"s on and do you have the cup suspension.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Why are you having an extra set of clifford goodies fitted?
Is it an import without a CAT1 alarm?

Clifford Blackjax is an anti-carjacking device that will disable the car if some thieving toerag drives off with it even if they have the keys. After owning a Scooby and 3 attempted break-ins I may be a bit over cautious.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Expensive?
Does it mean you have another keyfob or does it it all plug into the standard remote system?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Remember the Tyre foam is more than just a pump, it should seal any holes from nails etc aswell as inflate the tyre again.

Cocopops - It uses the standard clifford code entering switch that is mounted on the dash and will immobilise the car if it is driven without a code being entered-after about 30secs. It is totally seperate from the cat1 alarm and costs about £250 fitted.

KDF- I am a bit wary about using the foam/mousse because people have said it is difficult to repair the tyre once if has been used and you end up buying a new one. Also I would rather drive on a properly repaired tyre than one with a hole filled with gunk.

Trophy 263 + 265

dont use the tyre foam:cry:

it will cost you big for a new tyre mate

get a pump that works of the cig lighter

Quote: Originally posted by clio182 on 20 May 2004

dont use the tyre foam

it will cost you big for a new tyre mate

get a pump that works of the cig lighter

Yeah but what good is a pump (whatever kind) if you havent patched/blocked the hole

- that is what the foam does - as mentioned above.

I imagine if the hole is so big that it wont stay inflated long enough to drive to a garage then the hole is probably too large for the foam to seal, havent I seen a picture of a V6 on this forum with foam spewing from a big hole in the tyre. In 20 years of driving I have never had a puncture so bad that the tyre wouldnt inflate and only had a couple in total.

S1 Elise 111S

At the end of the day, if it goes down v.quickly after you pump it up its gotta be nasty and ud need a new tyre anyway.

I dropped my insurance off today too, hopefully pick mine up tomorrow lunchtime :D, touch wood/cross fingers and all that.

I think weve exhausted the tyre foam issue now, has anybody got any opinions on the 17" OZ super Ts, do I buy or not. I think I might wait until I have worn out the first set of tyres to reduce the cost a bit.

Isnt there some stuff you can put in the tyres that seals up punctures when they happen? Some guy at work has it on his bikes and car and swears blind it works. When it seals up, you can see a pink dot where the leak was. Tyre doesnt have to be repaired - you just keep on driving...

I cant remember the name of the stuff unfortunately but someone may know (If not, Ill ask the guy tomorrow). Im thinking this would be more useful than the crappy foam stuff.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Speaking of rims.

I like the look of the 2004 SuperTurismo WRC rims, in the white colour. Would look superb against the blue I reckon.

The superturismo has been superceded by the Super T GT but I prefer the old model which is the same as the v6 thats why Im having second thoughts.