ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Checking gearbox oil levels?

Vectra :(
Hi all

Just wondered if there is a way to check the gearbox oil level as had it changed the other weekend and there is oil in the drip tray under the car. Now i am worrying they didnt put the bung back in right, either that or when they drained it they didnt care where it all went and got it all over the tray.

Any way to check?

Cheers

When the gearbox is full the oil should be on level with where you fill the box with oil open it up try and get msome more oil in if it flows straigth out then it needed more if it doesn't then it needs more.

Cheers mate. Can you tell me the location of the drain and the filler please so i can have a look and also check the bung is in ok.

Thanks

Lam7r said:
Cheers mate. Can you tell me the location of the drain and the filler please so i can have a look and also check the bung is in ok.

Thanks
There no filter for gearbox oil, the one for the engine oil is down the front of the car below the large metal cover thingie (it covers the injecotors).

The drain for the gearbox is at the lowest poin of the gearbox near the selector lever it takes an 8mm sqaure socket and since the only other similar thing which takes the 8mm square nut is the oil and thats on the sump whch is falt and level you can tell the difference.

The fillup point is difficult to get to its down infront of the gearbox facing forwards towards the radiator. Have a search on the forum someone posted pics on how to change the gearbox oil reciently.

Cheers mate. will have a look tomorrow. It was the filler i was having trouble finding. will have to have a good route around.

Cheers again