ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Checking Throttle / Clutch Cable

2001 X Reg 172 PH1
Hi

I have a 2001 X 172 , with 50K miles on it , had cambelt done and regular service but it has not ever needed anythin else doing and has been totally reliable.

I have been reading about peoples problems with throttle cables and clutch cable , and although mine seem ok , im well aware that it is getting a little old and am thinking maybe i should check the wear on things such as these , i dont suppose its something renault check at service by any chance?

Is there an easy way to to this , can i just stick my head in the foot well and have a look and anybody know how long these cables generally seem to last ?

Cheers

172 exclusive
throttle cable : does it feel nothchy esp at tick over? then change it
clutchcable : squeak like an old barn door ,hard work in slow trafic.then change it

do both at the same time as both cables are run and clipped behind baulkhead sound deadining panel ,also need to take battery and tray out as cluth cable is routed and clipped on chassis leg just above g/box

have a look in technical thears a thread on how to change ,about a 2 hr job

mick

Mk2 1.2 Campus
Turn the car off, press the accelerator down to the floor and have a feel of the cable where it pulls through