ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheeky git in garage

jzr

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i am looking at selling the 172 for a laguna sports tourer due to us expecting twins. i went to the garage which had one on 03 plate 1.9dci with 60k on the which i know is high miles but at 6.5k seemed cheap. I was offered 6300 trade the day before in a different garage for the same car but better model an less milage for 8k. I was expecting the same sort of amount. he told me i would have to pay 1k an my car for it so he offered me 5.5k trade an showed me in the book my car was 5900 trade but i would still have to give him 1k. I sayed well sorry but that no good an told him the offer i had off the other place an he said well they wanted 1800 off you i only want 1000. I said the car was better than urs he said well your car isn't as good as the laguna, i then said how much would you put my car up for 8k so thats 2.5k profit plus you payed less than 6.5k for the laguna.

We left an as my wife walked out she knows one of the fitters he said to her any good she said no he can't give us a good price for the 172, The sale's guy walks out an said you he thought the clio was gold plated:mad: . She told me this about 10 mins later!!. she knew i would have gone back in an told him what a t w a t he is.

If i wanted 7k for my car then yes but to offer me less than book is a cheek.

I think he wasn't offered a very good deal compared to another garage. The salesman then tried to offer him less than the trade value for his 172 which would make £2.5k profit for the dealer.

tiTTy & SV650
my dads got a 53 plate privilidge laguna sports tourer for sale if you're interested? mega high spec, only 23k miles or so.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ Agree . You'll never get what the cars worth if you px it mate .Private sale is the only way to go if you don't want to be ripped off .

Bang it on autotrader .

tiTTy & SV650
its not about greed, its business...

why would they waste their time giving you what they expect to get for it, get real?!

Sell privately every time.

check the history on the 1.9 diesels as they love to blow turbos, and if hasnt had one already , may well need one soon. when they work properly , great motor , but can be expensive for repairs. where are you located ?

jzr

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i am getting real but were can you get a 172 in garage for less than 7.5k down here so he is making 2k off my car an what every peanuts they payed for the laguna.

tiTTy & SV650
jzr said:
i am getting real but were can you get a 172 in garage for less than 7.5k down here so he is making 2k off my car an what every peanuts they payed for the laguna.

didnt mean you should get real, some other peoples comments were bit naive.